Café Rouge (GxB)

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Jonquille

Café Rouge (GxB)

#1 Post by Jonquille » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:55 pm

I found this free little otome game and I thought I'd share.
http://canarycharm.deviantart.com/gallery/26259904

"“Isis, your average American teenager, happens upon a part time job opening at Café Rouge. During the day, it is a normal, quaint café and bakery. But when night takes over, it is transformed into a five star restaurant-theater-café, with live stage performances and first class customers arriving in the middle of the night.
As Isis delves deeper into this strange café, she becomes entangled in the mystery of its’ haunted world. Will she find friends, or enemies? Will she follow fate or make her own destiny? Will she find love?”

It was released in 7 parts, with multiple obtainable guys focused around a vampire theme.

"Cafe Rouge's intentional audience is 13-18 year old girls who enjoy such cliched romances such as twilight, etc."

But whatever your age, it's very well done, I felt a little too old for the plot, but I didn't feel that it was because of inferior quality. They include cutscenes and even some animation. It is a bit dark because of the theme and you're likely going to die trying to get a happy ending, but if you're faint of heart, you can always skip these cutscenes on your replays. Have fun!

FantasyFan

#2 Post by FantasyFan » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:58 am

"Cafe Rouge's intentional audience is 13-18 year old girls who enjoy such cliched romances such as twilight, etc."

Gah, being the Twilight hater I am, that turned me off, but eh, I might try it. It's free, at least.

Naiomi666

ok

#3 Post by Naiomi666 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 pm

so from what I played, it does not remind me of twilight at all. I have only one issue and unfortunately i stopped playing the game because of it. The mini-game on the 4th installment is impossible to complete. Even after multiple times of getting a complete score. I tried skipping, but I missed to much, so I am going to wait until the game is fixed.