Advice & Help

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
crestforte

Advice & Help

#1 Post by crestforte » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Hey there. This happens to be my first post here and naturally it's to ask for some advice and maybe some help with going about making my own Ren'Py game.

Let me start by saying I already have in mind what I want to do. I am the creator of a web comic and have been for some time having issues with the artists that draw for me. So I was tempted to switch from comic form to visual novel.

I already have plenty of chapters to go with (70+) and it would make for an interesting storyline (I believe). Changing the written story over to script is actually pretty easy. Last night I was about to convert chapter one and did a run through. Everything looked pretty nice.

My problem...? I have no clue how to change the backgrounds to the menus and such. Totally clueless. I have been reading up on the tutorial sites and can't really figure out what they're saying.

And maybe I could hire some artists to help me with the backgrounds and stuff like I had been doing for the comic.

So with that said, if any of you out there can help me out one way or another, let me know. I wouldn't mind having a partner walk me through this as I put together this game/novel.

crestforte

#2 Post by crestforte » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Well, after most the day, I have figured out the backgrounds and such. Got a bit of a migraine from it though. So the script is complete with the storyline. Now to figure out the artwork. LOL. That's always the fun part.

See if I can hire someone to help me again. XD