Scattered Starlight Dating Sim (GxB, GxG) WIP

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
nelly247

Scattered Starlight Dating Sim (GxB, GxG) WIP

#1 Postby nelly247 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Neko Sousei would like to announce our upcoming game:

Scattered Starlight Dating Sim
It's a WIP, Fantasy love game.
GxB and GxG

Character art will be added soon and extra information will be added as we go along
Plot:

It's been 9 years since the war ended and Prince Kakashi returned to his kingdom and Howl and Sophie flew off happily ever after. However a new has broken out, and happily ever after sometimes falls apart. Mai has been summoned by Madam Suliman along with all other magic users to fight in the war. (don't they ever learn?) Follow the story, meet new characters and reconnect with old characters, as you mould your life and and possibly other people's lives.

Characters:

Main Character: Mai (Name Changeable)
Personality: Calm and not overly shy, but can be very shy when in an awkward situation, not very secretive but sometimes prefers to keep to herself, friendly and good natured, can be bad tempered when challenged.

Howl (datable)
Brand new: Image
Personality: a bit spoiled, flirtatious, like to complain, secretive, charmer, friendly when he wants to be, sweet and caring.

Markl (datable)
Personality: Childish, sweet natured, points out peoples faults, get's flustered easily around girls, loud, kind hearted but unintentionally mean.

Prince Kakashi (datable)
Personality: Regal, well mannered, kind, sweet, understanding, can be quite bad tempered.

Alex (datable)
Personality: kinda goth, bad boy, very secretive and defensive, quiet, keeps to himself, rough and rebellious, bad tempered, deep down sweet and sensitive.

Will (datable)
Without glasses - Image
Personality: Smart, quiet, easily nervous, extremely kind hearted and friendly, gentle, kind of fragile.

Marina (datable)
Personality: Cute, sweet, kind, friendly, smart, overall a nice person.

Sophie (not dateable)
Personality: Same as in the movie, a little more emotional, head strong and detached from Howl.

Sam (not datable)
Personality: tomboyish, secretive, caring, kind, can be very mean/moody,

Ally (not datable)
Personality: Girly girl, hyper, extremely friendly, happy,

Dante (not datable)
Personality: Dark and mysterious, can be quite rude and cold hearted, very strong and deadly.

Willis (not datable)
Personality: usually drinking with dante and kenny, tough guy, over confident, can be cold hearted.

Kenny (not datable)
Personality: sweet, friendly, like to have fun, usually havin a drink with his mates Willis and Dante, usually sensible, kind.

Background Images

The game is at the very start of development so a finishing date is far away, but do not worry. We'll keep you up to date every step of the way.

Here is our website where you'll be able to see updates and special sketches and pictures. (if you are a member, you maye see some character art ) http://smiths.gamingdeluxe.net/forums/index.php
Last edited by nelly247 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FantasyFan

#2 Postby FantasyFan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Oh, I love this movie. Looking forward to the game.

nelly247

#3 Postby nelly247 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:11 am

Thanxs Fantasy Fan, Keep an eye on the post for new updates next week.

also for everyone, a contest is up for you all to create a new villain to be introduced in the game. It doesn't have to be 1 character it can be up to five. Any look and any style. The best villain/s will be remade and put into the game. Don't forget to include character bio, (name, age, ect.)

Have fun and good luck,

all entries are to be made at the website and you must be logged in to post your entries.

FantasyFan

#4 Postby FantasyFan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Do you have to draw a villain, or can you just write out a physical description? Cause I'm terrible at drawing.

aisza_1995

#5 Postby aisza_1995 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 pm

(writting as a co-worker)
The description should be fine, through if you included a sketch it will be more likely that your villan will be choosen ^ ^
Well... maybe you'll try to draw it as well as writte and send it anyway ;3

nelly247

#6 Postby nelly247 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:28 am

thanxs Aisza,

Sorry about not replying FantasyFan, I had a exam and then prom and the i've been on holiday :oops:

Aisza is correct though, if you want to write a description you can, or draw a sketch. What ever you feel comfortable doing.

ShiverGirl

#7 Postby ShiverGirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:27 am

I haven't seen the movie, but I would like to see it after the game. The game sounds good. :D

aisza_1995

#8 Postby aisza_1995 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:25 am

Just an little update if someone care >.<
We all bussy now. Nelly's looking for a job, ur artist (oh, how I hate myslef for not remembering names) is bussy with her work and I have very little time on computer (also looking for a job, but besides preparing for my 6th form years)
But do not fear! We still work, it just takes longer.
If things go well, we should soon have a demo for you to play and see if you would be interested in the full version.
Thank you very much for the attention ^ ^

nelly247

#9 Postby nelly247 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:47 am

Things will be going a bit slow right now, I can't get a job :S so I will be back getting things sorted, however I am also getting ready for college so it maybe a little more slower than we expected. With the lack of art being produced right now we can't release a demo like previously planned.

If things don't get sorted we may have to put the game on hold until we find a new artist. Since we have progressed so far in the script it would be a waste not to finish the game. Let's all hope it works out in the end.

aisza_1995

#10 Postby aisza_1995 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Ok we have the artist (me) and that's why we added the pics :D
So we should actually have the demo sooner than we expected after we lost touch with Sara

nelly247

#11 Postby nelly247 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:48 am

So it's been a while. But we are back. New art is up and new name for the game.

With this gamin being a lot of work for two people, we are currently searching for a new artist so, we may have new brand new art in the near future and possibly a demo out in the summer.

Wish us luck!

nelly247

#12 Postby nelly247 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:35 pm

It's been a long time, but I have come with a very important question to fans who have been waiting.

Which art style do you prefer?

Version 1:

Or Version 2:

Please please please comment so we can make this game for everyone to enjoy.

Franka

#13 Postby Franka » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:38 am

I'm not a fan, and I have not been waiting, but I'd like to say that version 2 has a lot more personality than version 1.

nelly247

#14 Postby nelly247 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:06 am

Thank you for commenting and helping with our decision on the art.

Karlminion

#15 Postby Karlminion » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Version 1 is softer and looks easier to draw, but Version 2 seems like it could be livelier and more engaging in the long term, also it has less of the slanty-eyed anime aesthetic that I personally dislike. So I suggest V2. <3

Return to “Make your Own Games!”