The House in Fatamorgana

So, you want to be a game maker? It might be easier than you think! Come here and see...
Ren

The House in Fatamorgana

#1 Postby Ren » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:56 pm

Update:

There now is an English Demo! Please try it out if you think this could be your cup of tea! If you have any feedback you can contact either [url=contact@playism-games.com]Playism[/url] or Novectacle. Even though they're a Japanese doujin circle, they've always been happy to answer my questions in English - they're very friendly and great people to talk to, so please don't be afraid to let them know what you think of their game!

Hello! I've seen a few people posting about projects on Kickstarter or translations of commercial games not affiliated with Hanakogames, so I thought I'd bring this to your attention:

Playism EN Wants to Know If They Should Localize The House in Fata Morgana

Doujin Delights ? Playism Tease Three New Localizations

Should we localize The House in Fata Morgana?

As you can see, Novectacle started moving to try and have their game localised; I've tried their demo with the help of a translation tool and I really want to be able to enjoy it in a language I can understand. As you can see in the links above, the art is stunning, and from what I could experience, the atmosphere is very interesting and quite different from what most VNs offer. Eerie, gothic, probably a bit horror going on with the story. Before you go and try the demo I'll tell you there is violence and gore, so if it's not your cup of tea or you're not allowed to see that kind of stuff due to your age, you should hold off from downloading it.

If you're interested in this and you think you'd like to buy it if it were translated to English, please comment on Playism's post or send them a mail letting them know you're interested! Post on Facebook! Post on deviantArt! Post on Twitter! Post everywhere you can think of so we can get lots of people interested and we can enjoy this in English!

There's a video as well, but please be aware there are a couple of scenes with blood in them. Again, if that's absolutely not your cup of tea, I'd advise to steer clear of it, though they're not incredibly gory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRkXFhsAZYc
Last edited by Ren on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Benazir

#2 Postby Benazir » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:00 pm

There will be a GxB romances in this game?

Ren

#3 Postby Ren » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Not sure, I will try and ask the developer. In the demo there was some angst about The girl with white hair attracting the attention of Nellie's brother, but it's not clear to me whether there will be any focus at all on romance... I'd say this is primarily a horror story.

I'll ask anyway!

Ren

#4 Postby Ren » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Hello, got Novectacle's answer to your question today:

The another question whether we have romances.... yes, we have.
Of course we have many essences of horror, but we concentrated more on portraying humans on this game.
Romance is also an important element. (Though the main story is tragic and heavy.)

If you have any other questions, ask us freely.

Thank you again!

Benazir

#5 Postby Benazir » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Ren wrote:Hello, got Novectacle's answer to your question today:

The another question whether we have romances.... yes, we have.
Of course we have many essences of horror, but we concentrated more on portraying humans on this game.
Romance is also an important element.

What kind of romances do you have? Maybe they're only GxG ... (sorry, but not my cup of tea)?
Anyway thanks for your answer. :)

Ren

#6 Postby Ren » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:17 am

Hello, got the answer to that as well:

About the question of G?G romance(it means the romance between girls, right?),
we have very few scenes of it.
The romances in "The House in FataMorgana" is basically the love between men and women.
Maybe our image on the package misinform like that.

Benazir

#7 Postby Benazir » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:36 pm

Ren, I'd definitely buy this game if it came out with english text. :)

Ren

Re: The House in Fatamorgana

#8 Postby Ren » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:34 am

Updated first post with link to the English Demo.

driade

Re: The House in Fatamorgana

#9 Postby driade » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:25 pm

Old topic, but I've been playing through this recently, and it's a great game that needs more attention than it's currently getting.

It's pure VN, so there's not many choices happening, though there are a few different endings. It's also dark, tragic and has mature themes, but at a core it is a love story, and a story about the complexity, wonder and pain of human relationships, and it's very, very well-written, gorgeous to look at and has a large number of original music written especially for the game.

It's definitely the best-written VN I've ever read, so if you're not averse to dark themes and tragic stories, it's well worth having a look. Very interesting plot with lots of twists and turns, lots of emotion, and complex, psychologically realistic characters.

It's available on Steam now and it's somewhat pricey, but fairly long. Try the free demo if you can, and know that it's only about one/fifth of the game, perhaps even less than that.

Return to “Make your Own Games!”