Always Remember Me - Dating Sim

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Always Remember Me - Dating Sim

#1 Post by hanako » Fri May 06, 2011 12:40 pm

This is the latest sim out by Winter Wolves (makers of Spirited Heart)

You play a girl named Amy who is out one day on a date with her boyfriend Aaron, when they get into an accident. After the accident, Aaron loses his memory. He has no idea who Amy is and isn't interested in dating her. Can she get through to him and make him remember her? Will they rekindle their love? Or will she move on and find someone else?

Download Demo Here!!

The artist is the same as the one from Love&Order, but it's a different writer. Plotwise, you're staying with a relative and working a summer job in an ice cream parlor, so you'll earn and spend money as the game goes on.

J_Yum1978

#2 Post by J_Yum1978 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:54 pm

I've tried the demo, and it's awesome. Much, much better than Love & Order. Unfortunately, I have yet to purchase the game because of financial difficulties. Once I get back on my feet, I will purchase the game. Please support Jack!! He does an awesome job!!

ladysasuke

#3 Post by ladysasuke » Sun May 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I also tried the demo and liked it very much. I would love to buy it but am a little short right now so the demo will have to do for a while.

Benazir

#4 Post by Benazir » Mon May 09, 2011 4:40 am

I've played *Always Remember Me*. This game is really nice. :)

Elze

#5 Post by Elze » Mon May 09, 2011 1:56 pm

It's good. I got it while it was on discount (first 50 people or something). The theme song is written by the same people who did Date Warp's OP, so the song is really catchy too. It's a bit heavy on the managing and stats side of things, so it might take you a few frustrated tries first. But once you get the hang of it, you can start dwelling deeper into the story and characters. C:

aisza_1995

#6 Post by aisza_1995 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 am

Well... demo is great xD
I know how to spend my pocket money this sunday

I don't thinks starts are that hard... actually it's quiet easy to increase her energy, morale, and all those 4 things on the side (well... but I have to say I lack in terms of discipline xD)
Defenitelly gonna buy it!

jack_norton

#7 Post by jack_norton » Tue May 10, 2011 8:19 am

Glad you like the game :)
A small communication: if you downloaded the game demo in the past 8-9hours, I misconfigured the installation, so the game wouldn't start :oops: now of course I fixed it, just thought to let you know :lol:

Spazzbunny

#8 Post by Spazzbunny » Sun May 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Well, I just finished the game and, over all, I quite enjoyed it. ^^ I did dislike how random the skill building was, as they didn't seem to serve a purpose outside of the special endings. Raising your discipline didn't help reduce the amount of failures due to zoning out, raising your creativity didn't improve the success rate of your writing activities, etc. Things like that would have made raising a skill seem to be worthwhile. The same kind of thing applies to the boys. Raising your relationship with them didn't make talking to them any more successful over time.

As for the boys and endings themselves, I think I liked all of them except for Hugh, which was a shame. There was never a scene with him that made me take his feelings seriously, which made the endings feel sightly forced, as well as a glimpse into a soon to be unsuccessful relationship. Maybe that's just me though. ^^ Meanwhile, I have mixed feelings about the single ending. On one hand, it wasn't 'woe is me, I'm single, boo hoo' feeling, but on the other hand, I was really hoping that it'd be an ending focusing on Amy herself rather than a romance.

All in all, it was a fun game with very beautiful art and a cute storyline. My favorite ending was probably with Aaron, which makes sense since it's (presumably) the true one. I'm glad I bought this, and I look forward to any similar games in the future from Winter Wolves. :D

Benazir

#9 Post by Benazir » Mon May 16, 2011 11:18 am

Spazzbunny wrote:Well, I just finished the game and, over all, I quite enjoyed it. ^^ I did dislike how random the skill building was, as they didn't seem to serve a purpose outside of the special endings. Raising your discipline didn't help reduce the amount of failures due to zoning out, raising your creativity didn't improve the success rate of your writing activities, etc.
Yes. And ..... I can't get good endings! This game a bit too hard for me .... :(

aisza_1995

#10 Post by aisza_1995 » Tue May 17, 2011 6:43 am

well.. iondeed game is quiet hard - is just so hard to get the stats to 99 so I can get special endings T^T

I found that it's like... easiest to get special ending with eddie. That's cause is rather easy to gai a lot of dyscypline in a quiet short time.
I like bouth of eddies endings and I enjoyed his gameplay. So far is my favourite one.
IThe second hardest one for me was Aron himself >.< dunno... I jut find it hard to accumulate enough romance points.
Lawrence gameplay was really cute... seriously I was giggling at almost every event ;3
Hugh... I quiet liked him. That's maybe because he is a kind of guy that I would be willing to date straight away xD Someone to laugh with, to play with... et5c. xP But I gues you're right. There was almost no scenes that would make him look serious about amy. Especially the one when he calls her as a replacement 030

Wel... but overall I love the game ;) It have a good mix of moth visual novel and sim date so I enjoyed it - and still have a lot to explore (yes... I'm going to get all of the special endings)

Spazzbunny

#11 Post by Spazzbunny » Tue May 17, 2011 12:39 pm

The only stat I ever had trouble raising was Creativity. The others, especially Culture, I found shot up pretty quickly. Worst thing happened I would just save right before and action and repeat it until I got the desired result. I'm pretty sure that's how I deal with just about all stat games though. xD

lunanight

#12 Post by lunanight » Tue May 31, 2011 4:05 am

How can I get more points for the romance bar? I only reach all the way to 70 :( I cant seem to get the other endings.

Spazzbunny

#13 Post by Spazzbunny » Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 am

Since it's random, I find the easiest way to accumulate points when desperate is to save and reload as many times as necessary in order to get a success on the stat that you want. Is it cheating? Mmm...yes. Do I personally care? Not really, no. ^^
Last edited by Spazzbunny on Tue May 31, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack_norton

#14 Post by jack_norton » Tue May 31, 2011 9:39 am

Is random but some activities gives much more boost to certain stats :) the romance in particular is raised by:
- writing poems at home
- talking with aaron at hospital
- writing a romance (once you buy the "Pearbook" :D)
- creative writing course at library

lunanight

#15 Post by lunanight » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 pm

The thing that I loved about this game and like flowershop is that their endings are amazing!!! and romantic!! They dont leave me wondering or hanging on a cliff. very satisfing!!