X-Note - New Otome game

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Spazzbunny

#31 Post by Spazzbunny » Fri May 20, 2011 2:38 am

It's no problem! I'm glad that you finally accomplished all of it!
Add an extra 'r' on the end of the password, meanwhile, and you're good. ^^

lollipopahh

#32 Post by lollipopahh » Sat May 21, 2011 10:21 pm

I got to ch.4 and I just died o.O what am I suppose to do ?? and can anyone tell me where that necklace is ??

Schizoid

#33 Post by Schizoid » Fri May 27, 2011 9:37 pm

I played the demo of this game a little over two weeks ago, and I wanted to buy it so bad! *flails* Then I forgot and I bought Date Warp, instead. (AMAZING GAME, by the way!)

I have enough spare money to get one more game, but I'm conflicted between this one and Always Remember Me. T-T Penny for your thoughts?

Spazzbunny

#34 Post by Spazzbunny » Sat May 28, 2011 2:58 am

Well, it's pretty hard to really try and pick between the two since one of the only elements that they have in common is that you chase after a boy in both games. Here's what I at least think of both games, and you can see which one you like better.

X-Note
-Highly engaging thriller storyline
-More fantasy based
-Beautiful art
-Fewer boys
-Stat raising involves minigames. Only three stats, but you must raise them in a calculated manner
-Slowly unraveling character development
-Lower replayabilty (though you might have to go through the game several times using trial and error to get the endings you need)
-Bit of a higher difficulty level
-More irksome save system, along with a more irksome skip-text system
-Unlockable bonus at the end

Remember Me
-Fairly standard rom-com story line.
-Realistic setting
-Also has beautiful art
-More boys
-Randomized stat raising. Less integrated into game however, as you can spam the one you want for an ending and ignore the rest.
-What you see is what you get with the characters. They don't change much from start to end
-Higher replayability due to more full-length endings
-Difficulty can be undermined by saving before doing an action to ensure success.
-Easy to use save and skip system.
-Bonus is given at start, and nothing is added to it for completion of the game.

Well, that's about it. ^^ I hope that it helped.

Muse

#35 Post by Muse » Sat May 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Personally I'd say Always Remember Me. X-Note is very good, but even with the fantasy plot it seemed a bit less original than Always Remember Me, and the save system and skip function is really irksome. Both games are very good though, so I do recommend getting X-Note eventually. But I agree that comparing the list above is good, and I agree with the points on it, except that I didn't find X-Note's story to be much beyond typical fantasy fare. While Always Remember Me wasn't insanely unique, for a nonfantasy game it tackled a darker topic which was nice, and had lots of interesting random events that surprised me. In X-Note all the events were like "oh, saw that coming" to me at least. XD But maybe to others it is surprising?

Spazzbunny

#36 Post by Spazzbunny » Sat May 28, 2011 11:53 pm

xD Well, I can never speak for surprising story lines as I routinely fail to be surprised by any of them. I can't list the number of times that I have seen the, 'boyfriend gets amnesia and can't remember you' plot though, so I figured that that one was probably more predictable to the general crowd over the mystery genre. Of course, with only 3 candidates for the secret character, I can see how one might be able to guess the ending fairly easily.

Muse

#37 Post by Muse » Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 am

Spazzbunny wrote:xD Well, I can never speak for surprising story lines as I routinely fail to be surprised by any of them. I can't list the number of times that I have seen the, 'boyfriend gets amnesia and can't remember you' plot though, so I figured that that one was probably more predictable to the general crowd over the mystery genre. Of course, with only 3 candidates for the secret character, I can see how one might be able to guess the ending fairly easily.
Yes, I am in the same boat as you. What I more meant was while the overall plot of X-Note seemed more original to me, the individual scenes did not, so I think in those Always Remember Me had better ones. But to be fair I haven't fully beaten either game so there could be routes left to surprise me. :)

Spazzbunny

#38 Post by Spazzbunny » Sun May 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Ah, I see. ^^ On a level of typical shoujo-y-ness, I guess that the individual scenes are about equal, at least for me they are. They both use rather standard set-ups. It can be difficult to have original scenes within an otome game, I suppose. When it comes to the individual scenes within Remember Me, though, I suppose that some of them were a bit better in terms of originality. Many also felt stale to me though, but that could have been moreso due to the boys all being so predictable for me. xD

Dementia

#39 Post by Dementia » Sun May 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Could someone help me with good Anon ending? I keep getting bad only because I can't figure out which 4 fragments of memories I should choose. It seems that I keep choosing the wrong one.

lunanight

#40 Post by lunanight » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:05 am

I got oure's good ending but I still found it kinda sad, I wanted a scene where he wakes up or something.

Schizoid

Thanks!

#41 Post by Schizoid » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:49 pm

Awh! Thanks for the help, guys! :D
I ended up buying X-Note first, because the story intrigued me more. o_< I have gotten all the endings and unlocked the gallery. The little paper that is in front of me is brimming will all the different passwords, since there was no save. In some ways, it made the game more challenging, because I had to face the consequences of my actions. It was fun, though! Rexus is my favorite. xD "I am the upholder of love and peace!" What a dork.

There were some issues with grammar in the novel, but that's understandible since english isn't Zevia's first language. I wish I could pop in there and fix them, though. T_T

I saved up money to get Always Remember me, too~ <3 How can you tell what bonuses you get? o-o

Spazzbunny

#42 Post by Spazzbunny » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Aww, well I'm glad you like it! I agree with you on the typos thing, though. I should have remembered to include that in my comparisons list. Ah well. I do give her credit for crafting such a good story in a different language though. I certaintly couldn't do that in the language I'm learning. ^^;

The bonuses for X-Note need to be unlocked by using the letters you got at the end of every ending. The ones for Remember Me are just attached to your endings page (if I'm not mistaken).

TenshiNaru

Ordering X-Note

#43 Post by TenshiNaru » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:08 am

Hey! Could anyone tell me about ordering this game via credit card? I usually dont use my credit card to order things like this online.....is it safe?

hanako
Site Admin

#44 Post by hanako » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:52 pm

X-Note is sold through BMT Micro, the same site I sell my games through. They're a major payment processor used by hundreds of companies to sell things online.

Almost everyone here has bought a game through BMT Micro.

So yes, it's pretty safe. :)

irinack

#45 Post by irinack » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:56 pm

I have to say that my favorite path was Anon's. In the demo, I didn't even think about getting Anon's path. He was my least favorite character at the beginning. But now I love him!

Between Remember Me and X-Note, I prefer X-Note. I like the art more and the plot is fascinating. I also like the individual scenes although I wish there were some kissing scenes...