X-Note - New Otome game

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

X-Note - New Otome game

#1 Post by hanako » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:27 pm

I'll have more information on this shortly, but here's the super-quick rundown: You play a girl with psychic powers whose mother died under suspicious circumstances, leaving behind a locked file that might hold the clues to her murder. You are then invited to attend the Xen Institute, a school with a mysterious reputation, to help investigate the murders of two other people who were somehow connected to your mother.

So you're trying to train your psychic powers, date the cute and strange boys at the school, and play detective.

This is a flash game, so be sure your computer can handle Flash.

Limited time discount offer: code BTVP00087 on the order forms to get 20% off your purchase.

click here to play the demo online!

Sara

Re: X-Note - New Otome game

#2 Post by Sara » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:36 pm

Wow, looks great, mystery+romance! :D Thanks Hanako.

Does that boy looks A LOT like Near from Death Note, or is it just me?

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm

If you've played the demo but haven't totally made up your mind, there's a contest to win free copies (on CD even!) if you draw characters from the game.

Muse

#4 Post by Muse » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:22 am

Yeah I'm kind of debating getting it. I got the Other Age Second Encounter game, and that one was so... horrible. So I am worried about this one. But it does seem more promising.

Spazzbunny

#5 Post by Spazzbunny » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:36 pm

Purchased the game about a week ago, and I just finished it yesterday. I have to say, I enjoyed it a lot. ^^ Unlike her other games, the minigames within this one are more than palatable, even for someone uncoordinated like me. If for nothing else, I'd say to buy it for the story. Normally, in an otome game, I find myself disliking at least one of the boys, but that didn't happen here. Rather, they all seem to have their good points, and their stories were all very well told. I personally feel like its one of her best works yet. I'd reccomend it, but it's probably best that, if you dislike dark themes, you avoid it. It's a game that's well balanced between fluffy and dark, but the dark parts can get rather gruesome if you stop to consider them. Overall, especially if the discount code is still up, it's worth the buy.

Muse

#6 Post by Muse » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:14 am

Spazzbunny wrote:Purchased the game about a week ago, and I just finished it yesterday. I have to say, I enjoyed it a lot. ^^ Unlike her other games, the minigames within this one are more than palatable, even for someone uncoordinated like me. If for nothing else, I'd say to buy it for the story. Normally, in an otome game, I find myself disliking at least one of the boys, but that didn't happen here. Rather, they all seem to have their good points, and their stories were all very well told. I personally feel like its one of her best works yet. I'd reccomend it, but it's probably best that, if you dislike dark themes, you avoid it. It's a game that's well balanced between fluffy and dark, but the dark parts can get rather gruesome if you stop to consider them. Overall, especially if the discount code is still up, it's worth the buy.
Thank you! I think I may get it then. It's nice to hear from someone who actually bought it. :D Exciting, thanks for the information.

Spazzbunny

#7 Post by Spazzbunny » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:28 am

No problem! :D I'm glad to help.

Ellume

#8 Post by Ellume » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:33 am

I bought the game too and enjoyed it a great deal. I was skeptical when going to try out the demo since I'm not fond of Zeiva's other games, but the game really surprised me. I only wish it had a save function instead of passwords, or a skip previously read text. This was a game I was glad I bought. I'm also fond of psychic themes though, so the story was about something I like.

NicoWinter

#9 Post by NicoWinter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:37 am

If you want to skip text, all you have to do is use the down directional key. Hold it down and it will skip.

Ellume

#10 Post by Ellume » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Lol, well that makes life easier anyway although I do enjoy a skip function that detects unread text.

NicoWinter

#11 Post by NicoWinter » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:13 am

Yeah, I wish they had that, but unfortunately it is only the down way.

gigai

tasukete kudasai!!

#12 Post by gigai » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:58 am

anyone know how to get yuon's good ending..i'll always end up with the last ending..=(

Muse

Re: tasukete kudasai!!

#13 Post by Muse » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:46 am

gigai wrote:anyone know how to get yuon's good ending..i'll always end up with the last ending..=(
When you get the bad ending it should tell you how to get the good one after. I just so happen to have a screenie of how to, though, so I can list what it says here:

6 or higher in Psychokinesis and Telepathy before Day 26
On Day 25, let him in your house
Day 26, choose "Find someone else to talk to" (available only if you were on the Yuon-Ore path in Chapter 4)

gigai

#14 Post by gigai » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:44 pm

thanx..i've played all day n get all endings..^_^ and get the password for the gallery..but there's something that i was curious about..in miscellaneous gallery there are 3 types of drink..black coffee...grean tea frappucino...and there's this dark green drink..who drank that? did i miss something?

selenity136

#15 Post by selenity136 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:44 am

Anon drinks that. To get it you'll have to order it for him.