Planet Stronghold - RPG / VN (with romances)

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Benazir

#16 Post by Benazir » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 am

I played Planet Stronghold too and I'm waiting for add-on now.I would like a romantic option for Lisa+Jacob Miles. :oops:

perch

#17 Post by perch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:52 am

@Benazir

I really liked Jacob too and his plot twist. He'd be cool too as a love interest especially as it would focus on his character arc. My favorite character would be Lucille though, even though she's a secondary, there were just a lot of aw, wanna hug her, moments for me.

jack_norton

#18 Post by jack_norton » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks everyone for the nice comments:

Jacob is one of my favorite character too! Was lot of fun to write. And I agree about Lucille (if you know me from Bionic Heart, you know I like robot fetish... :lol: )
If my artist wasn't so busy I'd ask her +1 extra CG for the expansion (Jacob - Lisa and Joshua - Lucille). Well, I guess I can always ask her after the various conventions!

@perch the expansion will have a much more balanced gameplay, meaning that if you choose easy, it WILL BE super easy to play, since I had too many complaints about difficulty! Sometimes when you code the game yourself is easy to underestimate the difficulty.

Muse

#19 Post by Muse » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:54 am

I loved Lucielle too! I actually saw the video before I saw the website, and she was what convinced me to the buy the game. If she becomes an option I will be very happy! :P

perch

#20 Post by perch » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:32 pm

@jack_norton

If that could happen I'd be over the moon, but I understand if budget/time/artist constriction means it can't happen. Bionic Heart is your Blade Runner-esque style visual novel right? I have a bit of a robot fetish as well so I'll have to check out the demo. :D

jack_norton

#21 Post by jack_norton » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Well adding a CG wouldn't be a problem of budget, more of the artist which now seems superbusy :cry:
And yes, if you have robot fetish you'll definitely like Bionic Heart !! :lol:

lunanight

#22 Post by lunanight » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

So I have a question, I just started playing planet stronghold, and I took the path of joshua and cliff I got the ending of them seeing each other only to stop cuz of rumors, do they get a better ending or this it?

jack_norton

#23 Post by jack_norton » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:30 pm

No, that's the best ending (there's only one ending for each romance). The sequel I'm working on has much hotter stuff though!

addams013

New player

#24 Post by addams013 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:51 pm

I just picked up Planet Stronghold, and I. Stinking. Love. It. Still haven't reached the end, but based on the fact that there's only one place left on the map that isn't open, I'm guessing that I'm close. :)

I wish there were a lot more turn-based sci-fi RPGs. Especially ones where I feel like my decisions and interactions matter, and that things could have gone very differently and still yielded a story every bit as deep.

Thanks for this game. It's scratching itches I didn't even know I had.

jack_norton

#25 Post by jack_norton » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Thanks. I'm working on the sequel, though not sure when will be finished, probably end of this year or next :)

kyoli

#26 Post by kyoli » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 pm

i am so looking forward to the sequel!
i about squeeled like a little fangirl with the whole romance with damien! it makes me not even want to try for the others! ^_^

addams013

#27 Post by addams013 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 pm

kyoli wrote:i am so looking forward to the sequel!
i about squeeled like a little fangirl with the whole romance with damien! it makes me not even want to try for the others! ^_^
I know what you mean. I almost quit playing when I discovered the (spoilers?) Lisa and Michelle romance subplot; it was too perfect for the goals I was playing for, and I didn't want to ruin it by going any further. But then I wanted to see if homo romances were possible with all the female members of the team. Alas, no. But I can't complain; the game is amazingly deep as it is. The last thing I want to do is complain. :)

jack_norton

#28 Post by jack_norton » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks :) The sequel has more choices for all tastes, including Alien romance! 8)
I posted some sneak peeks images in my twitter/forums, will post here too:
JOSHUA
http://p.twimg.com/AhvUC3rCQAAb15p.jpg:large
From top-left to bottom-right: with Lakadema, Rebecca (I love this one), Milo (gay shower! woohoo) and Shiler (this one is sexy but also too fun, Joshua seems completely shocked by Shiler's enthusiasm haha).

LISA
http://p.twimg.com/AdaXN6_CQAEQf8l.jpg:large
From left to right, top to bottom: Lisa-Milo, Lisa-Cliff, Lisa-Lakadema (hot!) and Lisa-Tom (one of my favorites). Interesting stuff I think!