Planet Stronghold - RPG / VN (with romances)

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Planet Stronghold - RPG / VN (with romances)

#1 Post by hanako » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:46 pm

This is an RPG set in the future, exploring alien planets with rayguns and psionic powers. :) You can play as either a male or female character, and there are three romances for each option. (I believe one of the three is same-sex and the other two aren't, but I'm not 100% sure.)

This game also has a Damien, but he's a little bit different than Magical Diary's Damien. :)

Follow this link for more information, a trailer video, and a demo download!

Available for PC/Mac/Linux.

witchboy

#2 Post by witchboy » Tue May 10, 2011 12:16 am

I played the demo, and I did like it, will buy it soon.
I played as a guy, and I definitely got the feeling there was a male/male love intrest possibility, which is a big plus. I am a little put out that the text has the character expressing attraction to girls, since that's not how I want to play him, but that's just a small thing that probably wouldn't bother anybody besides me mostly. Seems like the story is written default hetero, but probably does have a gay storyline option. It would be a good game anyways, but being able to have yaoi going on is a huge plus in my book!

jack_norton

#3 Post by jack_norton » Mon May 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Yes the game has both hetero (2 romance) and homo (1 romance) possibility 8)

witchboy

#4 Post by witchboy » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 pm

SPOILERS for game (only a little bit on who the love intrests are)

I thought for sure Tom was the gay love intrest, as I really thought I was picking up subtext there for my guy, but poking around it seems like Cliff is the gay love intrest. Maybe what I picked up from Tom is something that was intended for a female lead character? Of course, it's possible that Tom is into the character, but the story just doesn't have him as an option.
I am probably thinking about this too much lol
I do appreciate having a male/male relationship as an option, that isn't done very much. At least not as much as I would like. I enjoy playing otome games with a female heroine too, but it's nice sometimes to see gay guys included :)

Muse

#5 Post by Muse » Tue May 17, 2011 4:34 am

witchboy wrote:SPOILERS for game (only a little bit on who the love intrests are)

I thought for sure Tom was the gay love intrest, as I really thought I was picking up subtext there for my guy, but poking around it seems like Cliff is the gay love intrest. Maybe what I picked up from Tom is something that was intended for a female lead character? Of course, it's possible that Tom is into the character, but the story just doesn't have him as an option.
I am probably thinking about this too much lol
I do appreciate having a male/male relationship as an option, that isn't done very much. At least not as much as I would like. I enjoy playing otome games with a female heroine too, but it's nice sometimes to see gay guys included :)
Spoilers since I'm replying to the spoilers part!

Personally, I love the male and female homosexual options! I can see where you thought that for Tom though, especially given his intro... I think maybe it's just supposed to be that he is a nice commander that you befriend really well despite the circumstances. Definitely feels rather bromancy for the guy though, in the very least (if it's the same as the girl dialogue at first; I've only played as a female so far).

But the idea of it just being Cliff makes me fangirl squeal thinking of the political messiness of it all (what with needing an heir to the throne and all, unless something happens in the very end to change that (I haven't beaten the game yet)). (In the guide there is some discussion of making him a datable for females option, but I really hope they don't. I just really like him as the malexmale option.) The femalexfemale option is Michelle, who I think is perfect for it! She is just so spunky and fun, but not overdoing it or the typical "in your face lesbian" type that you see in a lot of games.

witchboy

#6 Post by witchboy » Tue May 17, 2011 11:34 am

I think it would be easy to just have all the love intrests be gender blind, so we'd have three male and three female love intrests for each player character's gender option.

Muse

#7 Post by Muse » Thu May 19, 2011 5:42 am

witchboy wrote:I think it would be easy to just have all the love intrests be gender blind, so we'd have three male and three female love intrests for each player character's gender option.
I agree. I think the problem is though that can get rid of some of the realism, since it doesn't work like that in real life either. (Be kinda nice if it did, eh? XD) But I know what you mean, since I am an avid fan of purely aesthetic gender in games. Although what would be really fun is a game where you can woo whoever you want but have different/more fitting dialogue in the different gender characters.

Then again it might fall into the "sexist" category if people change it too much. I think overall it's just quite hard to program in options to make most people happy, and impossible for all, so we just have to enjoy what same-sex couples we get. :) At least we're seeing more games with the option!

jack_norton

#8 Post by jack_norton » Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 pm

In the add-on I'm working on I was asked to include:
Cliff-Lisa - sorry got too many requests! haha though... maybe is not exactly Cliff ;)
Shiler-Joshua - I particularly like this one since is human-alien romance/sex and can be interesting 8)

If you're looking for homosex, you'll appreciate a lot my next two RPGs. In particular for lesbian, the Loren Amazon Princess will have lots (but also other options):

Muse

#9 Post by Muse » Fri May 20, 2011 3:07 pm

jack_norton wrote:In the add-on I'm working on I was asked to include:
Cliff-Lisa - sorry got too many requests! haha though... maybe is not exactly Cliff ;)
Shiler-Joshua - I particularly like this one since is human-alien romance/sex and can be interesting 8)

If you're looking for homosex, you'll appreciate a lot my next two RPGs. In particular for lesbian, the Loren Amazon Princess will have lots (but also other options):
Either way I'll be getting the add-on, since Planet Stronghold is quite fun. :D Also, I didn't mean to be all "if Cliff is bisexual, it's horrible"; it just doesn't trigger my inner fangirl as much, and then the line about "I can assure you her tricks won't work on me" regarding Schiler trying to seduce him isn't as comical. Although that wink has me hopeful for a fun twist to it! (Plus, no reason a guy can't be bi, eh?) And the next two RPGs sound like they will be quite interesting, then! Always nice to see more sexual orientation diversity.

witchboy

#10 Post by witchboy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:59 pm

Sweet baby Jesus, that's a nice picture of the half naked guy there.
I hope he's available for boy/boy romance :)
Nice to know there's more homosex options in upcoming games.
Lesbian content is great and all, but it's man/man options I'm more interested in :)

jack_norton

#11 Post by jack_norton » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:05 am

Yes will try to put at least one BxB romance option, even if being this game about AMAZONS, you can imagine what will be one of the main theme :lol:

witchboy

#12 Post by witchboy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:49 pm

I'd expect an Amazon themed game to have a lot of lesbian content.
Love your art and games so I expect I'll be an easy sell anyways, but throw in a boy/boy path and I'm there :)

Benazir

#13 Post by Benazir » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:39 pm

I guess it's not for me, because I don't like G+G romance.... :(

Muse

#14 Post by Muse » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm happy with romance options of any type! I am very excited for this game; looks very fun!

perch

#15 Post by perch » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 am

I just purchased Planet Stronghold and I love it. I'm very excited for its add-on and your next RPG Loren.

I also thought Tom was going to be a gay option at first or a bisexual one and I'm not going to lie I wanted more scenes with Lucille who was my favorite secondary character. As for the add-on/expansion Cliff as a bisexual option is cool, but Shiler as a romance option sounds really interesting.

My main frustration with Planet Stronghold was my inability to get the Leviathan weapon. No matter how many five packs of Lifegiver I had in my main characters inventory Damien would not take them for his quest. I felt like I was missing something really simple to complete it. I even tried have a set in my inventory and then having another set of livegiver equipped and not equipped. Just take it you sexy, smug bastard and give me that helmet!

Overall fun game and worth the money I spent on it. I'm definitely keen for your next RPG (though I'll freely confess I only played Planet Stronghold on easy mode). :D