Love & Order

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Love & Order

#1 Post by hanako » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:40 pm

You play a young woman who's just joined a legal office and try to balance the demands of your VERY busy job with solving a mystery and romancing your coworkers.

Teaser video: HERE

Demo download / more information: HERE
Last edited by hanako on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Jinroh

#2 Post by Jinroh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Haha. I read the topic and clicked on it and thought it said Law and Order until I got to the Youtube page. ^o^

Looking pretty cool, I will have to keep my eyes on it. ^^

EDIT: Oh wait, the topic was called "Law & Order" I guess I'm not crazy. ^_^;
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:36 pm

Heh oops my bad! :)

scuttles

#4 Post by scuttles » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:19 pm

Wow, check out that art! Thanks for posting this, it looks v. good.

Jinroh

#5 Post by Jinroh » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:05 pm

hanako wrote:Heh oops my bad! :)
No problema. ^^ The game does look interesting though. ^^
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

Muse

#6 Post by Muse » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 pm

This looks very interesting. I shall be watching this as well! Thanks, Hanako!

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:55 pm

Bumping this now that it's apparently complete and out of beta.

Cute art style, slightly different from what's been on sale previously!

britmarwell12

#8 Post by britmarwell12 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:32 pm

UM, I don't know where to put this but... I found a glitch in Law & Order, so...... uh, yeah. It happened when Pierre showed up in Dana's office.

Uh. Yeah.... :?

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:37 pm

I know they've been posting a lot of updates recently ironing out a few bugs, so it might be worth checking to see if there's a newer download available?

britmarwell12

#10 Post by britmarwell12 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 pm

I'll try that! Thanks :D

J_Yum1978

#11 Post by J_Yum1978 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 am

I regret wasting money on this game. When I played the trial version, I didn't realize that each romance that I go for was going to be repetitive. Nothing to do on the weekends, other than cleaning and going out by yourself. The only "dates" are during the week and that gets old so fast. Ugh!! I am hoping the new game "Remember Me" from Jack will be much better than this one. What a disappointment.

jack_norton

#12 Post by jack_norton » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 pm

Sorry that you didn't like it, but don't worry, Remember Me (which is a game completely made by me) won't be absolutely repetitive at all. That is guaranteed ;)

J_Yum1978

#13 Post by J_Yum1978 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:54 pm

@Jack: I am happy to hear that "Remember Me" will be made completely by you. I totally trust your work!! Your one of best, along with Hanako!! I have purchased your other games (made by you) and I loved it!! You have great talent in making great games!! Keep up the great work!!

Elze

#14 Post by Elze » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:16 pm

*butts in* D:
I'm looking forward to Remember Me too!
I'm sorry to say this but I must admit I didn't like Love and Order either. I was looking forward to the game so much because of the pretty visuals, but after trying out the demo, I knew I wasn't going to buy it.

Despite the impressive proficiency in english, the narrative and content is just really dry and the characters feel very bland. The game feels a little pointless and there's no evolvement in the main character from start till end (based on what I've heard about the endings). The set-up is interesting but the content is just.. disappointing. I'm guessing that the writer isn't accustomed to writing life sims, and much less dating sims whereby the dateable characters' personalities are of high importance.

No one likes dating a robot and while VN characters are essentially robots, the point in dating sims is to be able to believe that they're real. Not go on monotonous dates and listen to the same few lines repeated. Also, it feels like Dorothy is the only "alive" character in-game, which is strange considering the target audience for this game should be female?

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh and I may have some misunderstandings since I'm only judging it based on the demo and on what I've read about it. This is also purely my own personal point of view since I've seen people who've commented saying that they enjoyed the game thoroughly.
Personally, I really enjoyed Spirited Heart and Flower Shop, and I was very keen on Love and Order because of the lovely artwork. Was disappointed after it got released though. Hoping it won't be the same case with Remember Me. ^^;

jack_norton

#15 Post by jack_norton » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:11 am

Elze wrote: Personally, I really enjoyed Spirited Heart and Flower Shop, and I was very keen on Love and Order because of the lovely artwork. Was disappointed after it got released though. Hoping it won't be the same case with Remember Me. ^^;
If you enjoyed Spirited Heart and Flower Shop, I really think you're going to like Remember Me. I have put some new videos on my youtube channel showing some scenes, so you can already have an idea of some character personalities :)