Starry Sky ~ in Spring ~

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Sara

Starry Sky ~ in Spring ~

#1 Post by Sara » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm not sure if you've heard of the Starry Sky franchise. There's an anime series coming out soon. The main character is a girl and there are 12 male love interests. Each of them represents an Astrological Sign (a lot like Axis Powers Hetalia, in which every character represents a nation).
Anyway, you can read more about it here.

There's a fanmade translation patch (that just came out) that fully translates the first of four otome games (Starry Sky in Spring). You can read more about the game and the patch here:

http://novelnews.net/2010/12/05/transla ... -released/

There's a big chance that the other 3 games will also get translation patches. This is great news, it's not everyday that a popular otome game gets an english patch (even if it's unofficial).

I have yet to play this one but it looks good! ;)

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Spazzbunny

#3 Post by Spazzbunny » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:34 am

That's pretty exiciting, and I like that the original game is easy to purchase too. ^^; Does anyone know the validity of the patch, though? I don't feel like putting it on my computer and then discovering that it's just going to kill it.

reni344

#4 Post by reni344 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:36 am

It works playing it myself so much fun. :D

NicoWinter

#5 Post by NicoWinter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:20 am

Ok, so I am having the worst time patching the file. It keeps telling me that the directory is invalid. Please can you give a step by step of how you did it?

Is the file supposed to be named something specific?

Irili

#6 Post by Irili » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:22 am

I manage to install everything and I apply the patch. However, I get an error message every time I try to run it (while still using Japanese unicode). If it's English unicode, the game will run but it's all in little symbols. I try to reinstall and repatch, but it doesn't help. Can anyone tell me what I've done to offend the computer gods?[/img]

Elze

#7 Post by Elze » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:45 pm

I really want to get this but I can't read Japanese other than simple hiragana to save my life ;A;

So please let me know if the patch works properly, seeing that there are already 2 people complaining about the patches. Also, does the game run on a mac? It'd be troublesome having to fight for the com with my brothers. :U

Benazir

#8 Post by Benazir » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 pm

It's very nice game. :)
But.... Where can I get english patch for Starry Sky in Summer, Autumn or Winter? :?

hanako
Site Admin

#9 Post by hanako » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:54 pm

There isn't one. Remember, the first patch was made by people volunteering their spare time for free and it took them over a year to make it. Even if they were working on any other game, it would be a long time before any more patches were done.

However, Starry Sky is possibly going to be licensed for a real legal English release. If that works out and it sells copies then the company will be able to hire translators and we should get more of the games eventually.

Benazir

#10 Post by Benazir » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:14 pm

hanako wrote:However, Starry Sky is possibly going to be licensed for a real legal English release. If that works out and it sells copies then the company will be able to hire translators and we should get more of the games eventually.
It would be nice, hanako! :) I really enjoyed playing Starry Sky in Spring with English patch!

DeltaInsane

#11 Post by DeltaInsane » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:18 pm

What the font does this patch use? I've got incorrect font in the dialogue window. Letters are too close ot too far each other :(
I've got win xp) mb i should install some fonts from win 7?