The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Muse

The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook

#1 Postby Muse » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:19 am

Hello,

I bought The Flower Shop and loved it. I was browsing the itunes store and saw a game called "The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook" and I was wondering if there are any differences story-wise between it and the computer game The Flower Shop? I read that the farming simulation was taken out, but what I'm curious is if it is a different story or the same game as the PC, minus the farming simulation aspects?

Thank you!

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:13 am

To the best of my knowledge it's not a new story but a shorter version of the same story - some of the endings may be removed as well because of the farming simulation not being there.

Muse

#3 Postby Muse » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:14 am

I had a suspicion that was the case. Thank you so much, Hanako!

lill_sweetty

#4 Postby lill_sweetty » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:52 am

The "Summer in Fairbrook" was added because the publisher has a spin-off called "Winter in Fairbrook" coming out (you're running a flower shop this time, not farming), and he wanted the two be easily distinguishable so gamers won't get confused. I suppose that means there's plans to release the spin-off on the iphone too...

Anyway, Hanako is right. They removed the farm simulation so it plays pretty straight as a visual novel. Some other stuff was changed to be playable on the iphone, but it's essentially the exact same game. For cheap. (Yay!)

Indalecio

#5 Postby Indalecio » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:57 am

Took me awhile to get around to playing this, and I was really surprised, in a good way. Writing was top notch. No wacky anime hijinx, no real fanservice, and the characters were 3 dimensional, even the ones I didn't like(looking at you Susanna). I kinda avoided this one, because I seen some of Winter Wolves other games, Bionic Heart and Planet Stronghold, and the fanservice turned me off, and Bionic Heart's main character came off as a whiny loser. The main character in this Summer In Fairbrook comes off as well, but he only starts that way, and he gets a heavy dose of character development along the way.

Was going for Marion, but I think I messed up one of the early choices, Anyone know whether the stats play a significant role in what ending you get? Most of my stats were pretty high, but Cool was a measly 25 by the end of the game.

Jerbok89

Re:

#6 Postby Jerbok89 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:16 am

Indalecio wrote:Took me awhile to get around to playing this, and I was really surprised, in a good way. Writing was top notch. No wacky anime hijinx, no real fanservice, and the characters were 3 dimensional, even the ones I didn't like(looking at you Susanna). I kinda avoided this one, because I seen some of Winter Wolves other games, Bionic Heart and Planet Stronghold, and the fanservice turned me off, and Bionic Heart's main character came off as a whiny loser. The main character in this Summer In Fairbrook comes off as well, but he only starts that way, and he gets a heavy dose of character development along the way.

Was going for Marion, but I think I messed up one of the early choices, Anyone know whether the stats play a significant role in what ending you get? Most of my stats were pretty high, but Cool was a measly 25 by the end of the game.

Each girl is interested in a stat you receive from another girl. For example, the stat you receive from hanging out with Marion I'm pretty sure helps you out with Susanna. I think you need 90/100 of the needed stat to get their romance ending. If you have a lot of many, each romance ending has a second variant. I agree with you bout winter wolves. I'm glad they have this game. It's a real redeemer. XD :)

Return to “Affiliate Games”