Shira Oka: Second Chances

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Muse

#16 Post by Muse » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:15 am

Yes, you can get the endings with the two guys. They can go bromantic or romantic, if you are looking into it. I love Kazuki's ending!

Basically, there are 10 endings, 2 guys and 8 girls. For the record, some of the girls endings are ambiguous on friendship vs romance too, so it's not just the guys that are like that. But others are definitely romantic, so no worries there. :)

Also, on the strength vs music thing, it helps to talk to Satsuko for advice a lot: she will often give hints if you need something else, etc. It is a bit tricky, admittedly, because some random events lead up to character's endings, and you don't always get those extra hints. (It's likely, since the affections are always connected, but not a given.)

I'm sure everyone at Okaishi is glad to hear how much you like the game! :D

liz4187

#17 Post by liz4187 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm

I completed the game (during beta testing). Don't worry if the game seems really hard at the beginning, it will get much easier as the game goes on. A lot of the game is just trying to figure out the characters and what kind of things they like. The replay value is fantastic, this is one of the only games (if not the only game) where seeing the same things gets more and more fun each time :D

lunanight

#18 Post by lunanight » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 pm

so for the guys its not a romantic ending then? its just like a friendship thing? How can you get kazuki?

Muse

#19 Post by Muse » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:57 am

lunanight wrote:so for the guys its not a romantic ending then? its just like a friendship thing? How can you get kazuki?
It's sort of between, is my point. That is also the case for some of the girls. I think Kazuki's ending is more romantic than Hiroshi's, however. (You still get a gorgeous fanservicey (but clean) CG of them though.) Only a few of the endings ever have you end in a kiss CG (in addition to the poster one), and Kazuki's is an adorable hug one. Basically it's a super sweet borderline bromance/romance one, and in the end even a couple of the characters are talking about if they think you are more than just friends. If you talk to Satsuko for an evaluation she says the normal "he can't get you out of his mind" stuff so it sure sounds romantically inclined to me.

On a side note, Kazuki's ending arc is one of my favorites! (And he's not even that high up on my favorite character list.)

If I remember right for Kazuki, not only do you need to get him to like you, but also having Suzu and Naoko be friends with you helps, as well as raising your science/math skill. Don't tease him but try to encourage him to do well. He hangs out at the mall and I THINK at the park, iirc. Then again I think everyone might hang out at the park, shopping mall, and the movie theater. (I know that is the case for the movies for sure.) I think it's mall during the week and park on weekends...

Spazzbunny

#20 Post by Spazzbunny » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 am

Does anyone know what the repercussions would be to using the easy mode? I'd like to play it normally, but I'm the kind of person who, after four or five resets, has become very bored. ^^;; If there isn't a big punishment, I think I'd rather just take it easy and actually enjoy the storyline.

Muse

#21 Post by Muse » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:28 am

Spazzbunny wrote:Does anyone know what the repercussions would be to using the easy mode? I'd like to play it normally, but I'm the kind of person who, after four or five resets, has become very bored. ^^;; If there isn't a big punishment, I think I'd rather just take it easy and actually enjoy the storyline.
I believe the only difference is you get a certain room deco in Easy Mode after 5 endings (A dunce hat) or a different one in Normal Mode (A cheerleading Satsuko statue, iirc). I'm not totally sure since I haven't played since beta, but I think that is the only difference.

Another tip to try to spice your replays up is try to get different characters to like you and focus on different skills, other than just for the person you are going for. (Like for me, Rena always liked me and Aya always hated me, so I didn't see many Aya events.) It unlocks more random events for you to do.

Also don't forget, everyone, that there are a couple guides on the Shira Oka forums. You have to sign up but they are there!