Aoi Shiro - a visual novel Fatal Hearts fans may like

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Aoi Shiro - a visual novel Fatal Hearts fans may like

#1 Post by hanako » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Just a warning, this game IS in Japanese and it may take a bit of work to get it set up. However, there is also an English translation patch available for the game. So if you can figure out how to buy and download it, you can play it.

It's a supernatural mystery-horror setting. You play a girl who's the captain of her school kendo team (so you're NOT a damsel in distress, you know how to use a sword) and the team is going on a vacation/training trip to the beach together. But when you get there, you start having weird flashbacks and seeing glowing eyes in the woods, and then a beautiful young girl washes up on shore...

There are fifty-six endings, and a lot of them involve you dying... like an old choose-your-own adventure it's easy to take a wrong turn. And you HAVE to take the paths in a certain order otherwise the right choices won't even show up. Luckily there are walkthroughs.

The romance aspects of the game are fairly low-key. Only one character's path is really obviously romantic. Most will be more along the lines of flirting or admiration but with no I-love-you ever declared. Also, every path gets some sort of Suggestive Vampirism scene, so if blood-drinking really creeps you out this is not a game for you.

... did I mention that all the paths are girl/girl? :)

Anyway, I am NOT getting affiliate credit for linking this, but I enjoyed the game so I thought some of you might as well.

http://www.solelo.com/aoishiro/pc/characters.htm - Characters introduction (english)
http://soft.dlsite.com/work/=/product_id/VJ004777.html - Japanese site for buying the game.

Muse

#2 Post by Muse » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:04 pm

This looks amazing! Thank you so much for all the links, Hanako! It's great to see translation patches out!

Sara

#3 Post by Sara » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Thank you so much for the info, Hanako. This looks great! :)

gladi

#4 Post by gladi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 pm

'Day
If only some of us could navigate through the japanese menus reliablz enough.