Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards?

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
sayuri

#16 Post by sayuri » Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 pm

I warmed up to Muneshige, I actually went after him first for some reason. He and Hatsuhime looked so sweet together :). Plus his seiyu is the same as Asuma from Naruto Shippuden and he's pretty awesome. Also Ittosai and Yo have amazing voice actors. I must say, the voice during Ittosai's kiss scenes was almost X-rated. Ah, he makes me melt...

Muse

#17 Post by Muse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:37 pm

I love this game so far. But one thing; was some of the music from this game used in other Hanako games? A few of the songs sound soooo familiar, but I can't think of where else I would have heard them.

(I'm specifically thinking of the song that comes on what Hatsuhime is asking "Are all the other girls in the world really fine with this?" about being forced into marriage and such, or when she is hiding with Muneshige... It's basically the sad music of the game as far as I can tell.)

All of the references are great. I nearly burst out laughing at the Laputa one.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous game! I really love Yo's impressions. XD Ittousai is just epically creepy, so I'm not sure which I like more. But when Harumoto sings "be our guest" well... it's just too hilarious/bad. Plus Hatsuhime isn't your typical annoying heroine, she's spunky. Love it.

aisza_1995

#18 Post by aisza_1995 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:44 am

The names are probably fake, but you may check them in extras. There should be a song list, so you can find the one you are thinking about (probably not very helpful, or not helpful at all)

I love the scene with Harumoto singing xD
And this way of thinking... "If he offering me a sweets how can he be a bad man?" or "How you can say no to him when he look so happy? (muahahahahahahaha)"
Also, that they alays repeat that Mon-Mon is not the character that we could get at the end of the game ;3
I didn't expect that this game will be a comedy but, that "suprise" can make it even more fun.

Muse

#19 Post by Muse » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:35 pm

aisza_1995 wrote:The names are probably fake, but you may check them in extras. There should be a song list, so you can find the one you are thinking about (probably not very helpful, or not helpful at all)

I love the scene with Harumoto singing xD
And this way of thinking... "If he offering me a sweets how can he be a bad man?" or "How you can say no to him when he look so happy? (muahahahahahahaha)"
Also, that they alays repeat that Mon-Mon is not the character that we could get at the end of the game ;3
I didn't expect that this game will be a comedy but, that "suprise" can make it even more fun.
Actually you helped a lot. The song that sounds so familiar is "A Tranquil Scene."

And I too was laughing! The sweets line and him singing be our guest just cracked me up. I heard in the PS2 version they added in Fuuma for sure, and I've heard lots of people saying you can woo Harumoto. I don't know if that's true, but if he is/was a wooable guy, he'd probably be my favorite just for the "be out guest" singing he did. That and the evil laughter that Hatsuhime was totally oblivious to.

I also nearly cracked up at the theme songs; I don't know if the actors are singing it, but at least in some it sure sounds like it... It was awesome. Good but kind of funny.

I finally beat the game for the first time. Well full time. I got Ittosai first, both endings. I almost cried on his bad ending though. XD I'm going to have to go after Yo next, but I need a break to make sure I'm properly prepared to be sad at his sad ending!

It's a shame that the PS2 version was never translated, but overall I'm really happy with the PC translation. I found one error (I think it was like in place of life, or vice versa), which is actually really good for a translation company lately. Such a shame they closed down.

Great game. Funny and sad at the same time! :D

sayuri

#20 Post by sayuri » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:08 pm

When I first played the game I decided I wanted to go after Kasumimaru but I couldn't T_T. I think one of my favorite parts is when everyone sings "beauty beauty". And when Ittosai joined in... OMG :lol:

aisza_1995

#21 Post by aisza_1995 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:37 am

Nice that I helped ^ ^
I didn't expect that ittosai may sing with others (as he is a sociopath).
I also lauhed in the scen in hot springs. When Yo can not say anything besides co-educated (or something... you know what I mean).

Muse

#22 Post by Muse » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Yeah. All the funny parts being said, I still get teary eyed when I think of the bad endings.

Hmm. I just like when Ittosai finally admits he really IS playing their straight man for their jokes.

The whole belt thing after the hot springs is epic too. It's just so over the top I can't stop laughing whenever I see it.

Ahhh Poor Jin. Falls into a babbling heap when anyone mentions co-ed... :roll:

Whenever someone says Yo I have his voice actor stuck in my head shouting "halfupantsu! Halfupantsu!" (capris in the English text).

Also, this game has a lot of Drama CDs and soundtracks. O_O I might have to get the OST...

Edit: Ok... yo's endings are starting to win me over. First a pop idol then a gingerbread house? Even his bad endings are epic! :lol:

lill_sweetty

#23 Post by lill_sweetty » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Yo's and Ittosai's seiyuus are a head above all the others, honestly speaking. And their character designs are better (why do all the guys bare their chests?!)

Why couldn't Hatsuhime have been the heroine instead of Sayuri?! Because frankly, I can not STAND Sayuri. Is this the whole "replace the heroine as you" thing again, because it does not work. For the only otome game ever translated, I wished Sayuri was more worthy.

Anyway, adore adore Yo and Ittosai. So I'm going:

Jin->Munishige->Bo->Yo->Mon-Mon->Ittosai

With my favorites in the middle and back to give me incentive! I've already finished Jin and Munishige. This game is extremely funny, if farcical. There are so many epic lines: I love "Do you want to see my Mr. Elephant?" xD And when Ittosai went, "my belt won't untie." or "they all say they want a nice gentle guy, but really, they go for the froofy ice queens and glasses sociopath." (Because that's SO true. Though Bo is unattractive, I must say, despite his pretty hair).

Muse

#24 Post by Muse » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:25 am

lill_sweetty wrote:Yo's and Ittosai's seiyuus are a head above all the others, honestly speaking. And their character designs are better (why do all the guys bare their chests?!)

Why couldn't Hatsuhime have been the heroine instead of Sayuri?! Because frankly, I can not STAND Sayuri. Is this the whole "replace the heroine as you" thing again, because it does not work. For the only otome game ever translated, I wished Sayuri was more worthy.

Anyway, adore adore Yo and Ittosai. So I'm going:

Jin->Munishige->Bo->Yo->Mon-Mon->Ittosai

With my favorites in the middle and back to give me incentive! I've already finished Jin and Munishige. This game is extremely funny, if farcical. There are so many epic lines: I love "Do you want to see my Mr. Elephant?" xD And when Ittosai went, "my belt won't untie." or "they all say they want a nice gentle guy, but really, they go for the froofy ice queens and glasses sociopath." (Because that's SO true. Though Bo is unattractive, I must say, despite his pretty hair).
I agree I feel they have the best voice actors. I just almost cried on their sad parts, I really did. Makes me so sad...

Yes, the fouffy ice queen lineis epic. I didn't like Bo at first, but he's becoming my third fav, I think, him or Mon-Mon. It's a bit hard to tell past Yo & Ittousai...
The belt part was epic, too. I was so shocked.

On Bo & Ittoasai's hot spring scene, though, it still throws me off. I mean Ittousai's little mini blank out. I was wondering if it was a little bit of ho-yay in it, due to Sayori's "Bo is very pretty" comment, but I'm not sure... If it is it's not very strong (especially considering Munisige's/Mon-mon's joke scene. XD) Then again as we know Ittoasai is a bit prone to blanking at times...

I still can't believe they referenced so many things. There is even a Futurama one in there, complete with a "wait, I don't think anyone will get the reference..." Plus listening Final Fantasy, Perfect Dark, and Fatal Fury in two lines takes some skill.

I agree; I liked Hatsuhime more than Sayori. But I didn't mind Sayori so much at the end, at least she generally tries to do something during the finales. But it is annoying; I like my heroines strong! Plus her lack of voice acting made me angry. I wish they had just used Hatsuhime's voice actress for it, even if she had to be calmer.

xxanimexx

#25 Post by xxanimexx » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:36 pm

i have to say i really really liked Muneshige's ending i thought it was so sweet *__* and his maniliness is very funny, sometimes i even laughed at his werid jokes cus it was so ridiculous. =D He's a sweet guy haha

Benazir

#26 Post by Benazir » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:49 am

Munashige is my favorite! Other bodyguards just .... are morons and look like transvestites. :(

z0mb0t

#27 Post by z0mb0t » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:14 am

Ittosai fan right here. :3
I have a total tsundere fetish, so I'm always automatically in love with the jerks, regardless of appearance.
Anyway, I must say that Yo-Jin-Bo is my favorite otome game. I loved Yo's impressions and all the references the game made, I was laughing so hard during my first playthrough.

~Sadness out of nowhere~

#28 Post by ~Sadness out of nowhere~ » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:10 pm

I just finished all the endings off the game!!
I loved it from the beginning'!!

From when I saw the trailer I though that Yo was Really really cute!!

So I started with him!!
And of-course he is still my favorite!!! :D :D
The second one I liked the most was jin
He was really funny and cute, on his own way :P
And third Itossai
I don't know but his background was really sad so I liked it's story :P

But I have to admit that even the only thing they were doing was killing
I couldn't stop laughing during the whole game :P

kyoli

#29 Post by kyoli » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:21 am

ittousi was my least favorite looking but was still my favorite character!! and i think is story was the best. i think it is sad that you only get to end up with jin or bo in your own body :( i wish sayori could be with ittousi in her own body instead of in the hatsu's :(

but that is just me!

lunanight

#30 Post by lunanight » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:54 am

Is this game worth playing? I'm unsure if I should buy it or not, how about the endings?