Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards?

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
aya_lyka

Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards?

#1 Post by aya_lyka » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:26 pm

hi i would just like to know if any of you have played or know a walkthrough of the game Yo-Jin-Bo: The Bodyguards im just having a hard time because i always die i tried changing options but still when i get to the part where they let the main character choose what to do next i always die of getting shot. so if any of you know how to escape that ending then please help. or any walktrhough about it would be great too.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:38 pm

There's a sort-of walkthrough at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/934294.html - it claims to be for both the PC and PS2 version, I'm not sure how different they are (I think the PS2 version has endings with an extra guy in it).

I honestly haven't finished the game myself though, so someone else may have better advice. :)

aya_lyka

#3 Post by aya_lyka » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:30 am

oh, thanks for the link. im gonna check it out. i just started playing games again and i just got really frustrated because i always get the getting killed ending, and the freaking skip button doesn't even work. oh and a little more help, whenever i quit the game and get back to it a few hours later my save file vanishes which is really annoying since i really need it to automatically skip to the option choosing part. any help with this?

Naiomi666

i had your peoblem

#4 Post by Naiomi666 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:47 pm

when i played that game i had the same problem, i kept getting killed. It's not worth trying the game on your own. Just use the guide like a holy grail, except sometimes at the end if you want to see the bad ending in which you are still alive, but you don't end up with the guy.

aya_lyka

#5 Post by aya_lyka » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:19 pm

after finishing my 1st ending with one of the guys i stopped playing, well until the skipping and saving problem will be saved. i just got really lazy pressing continuously.

sayuri

#6 Post by sayuri » Sat May 01, 2010 12:09 am

You can use the auto function. I liked it because it kept in time with the voice actors and I didn't have to keep clicking.

hanatsuki

Re: i had your peoblem

#7 Post by hanatsuki » Tue May 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Naiomi666 wrote:when i played that game i had the same problem, i kept getting killed. It's not worth trying the game on your own. Just use the guide like a holy grail, except sometimes at the end if you want to see the bad ending in which you are still alive, but you don't end up with the guy.
Sorry but I didn't get it were can I download this holy grail program so I can not dye in the game

sayuri

#8 Post by sayuri » Wed May 19, 2010 1:01 am

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/934294-yo-j ... faqs/46342

Just follow the guide exactly. And KEEP MULTIPLE SAVES! I mean one for every chapter, every time. It's great in case you mess up or want to replay the game.

SilverHyena

#9 Post by SilverHyena » Sun May 23, 2010 5:06 am

Well, you've probably already used the guide, but a good tip would be to stick with one guy. Choose all the options related to that guy and you should be able to get past that one part... (I died so many times) Of course, there are some options where you just have to guess, but that will get you through most of them.

aisza_1995

#10 Post by aisza_1995 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:55 pm

I have actually finish all endings beside the one where you die...
and I unlocked that extra chapter.
I don't find any difference in th first 2 choices.
At the one of last ch. where you need to go to the castle, try to think about character personality (boys) and choos the one you think will suit him. That's how I not died even once. ^ ^
btw... best ending was.. the one with Jin x3

SilverHyena

#11 Post by SilverHyena » Mon May 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah, that's true. I didn't actually die there-- except on a few rounds where I just wanted to see what happens. I mostly died at the part where they all seperate. If you listen to what has been said it does hint towards what you need to do.

I'm partial to Yo's ending though since I like him best... ;P Jin's ending might be the most epic though. Of course, they were all good.
(I've seen all the good ones... most of the sorta good ones... I've got all the pictures unlocked except one... I think it's a Bo pic.)

sayuri

#12 Post by sayuri » Thu May 27, 2010 5:45 am

SilverHyena: If it's the CG next to Yo smiling, you will have to see Bo's bad ending. It took me a long time to figure that out.

I like Jin and Bo too but... no Ittousai fans here? I loved him, and I'm not even a megane fangirl! His route was the sweetest, tied with Yo's. By the way, does anyone else think that Bo was kinda lame?

SilverHyena

#13 Post by SilverHyena » Thu May 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Heh heh! You got it! I figured as much... I just hadn't gotten around to doing it. Thanks for confirming it! :D

And yeah! Ittousai's story is awesome! (He was my second favorite!) I'm not really a megane fangirl either (I do go for the type sometimes, but it's not an automatic thing for sure), but the development between him and the main character was so cute! I loved it.
But I know what you mean about Bo... I liked him alright, but he just wasn't as interesting as the others... At least, that's what I think.

bree_inabeat

#14 Post by bree_inabeat » Sun May 30, 2010 4:05 am

Does anyone know if this will work on Windows 7? It looks pretty good but I'm wary of wasting my money if it won't work.

aisza_1995

#15 Post by aisza_1995 » Sun May 30, 2010 11:07 am

Sorry >.< I don't know
Ittosai was cool too. I finished this route about 10 times because it was so... cute (?).
As first I was thinking that Bo is the cool one... but if you try him in the story he's becoming boooooring (stil like his purple hair >.<).
Momo route was fun, not most romantic or something, just fun. I didn't like Mugen one... dunno why.