Aveyond games

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Te'ijal

Aveyond games

#1 Post by Te'ijal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 pm

I don't know if I'm putting this in the right spot but I was wondering... Hanako Games has the last 4 games in the Aveyond games series but they don't have the first game "Ahriman's Prophecy". Why is this?

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Well, as that game's not for sale, it would be kind of hard for me to sell it. :)

FantasyFan

#3 Post by FantasyFan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Ahriman's Prophecy is free, but maybe this site could provide a link to where you can download it or something. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 pm

Very boring technical answer:

It's already mostly a waste of time for me to list the Aveyond games because everyone here who plays them buys them from her site anyway and I don't get any sales credit for them. I pretty much just keep them listed because I like Amanda, not because I can ever make any money out of it.

But there's at least a slim chance that someone might find my site first having never heard of Aveyond and download one of the games, get a cookie set, and end up giving me sales credit when they bought it. A very slim chance. It almost never happens. However, with a download to the FREE game set first, that chance would would go from 'slim' to 'none' because downloading the free game would not set a cookie and the downloader would almost certainly go from playing the free game to the Amaranth website to buy their games.

Anyway, I don't mind people linking to that game on the forums, it's just not going to have a link on the main webpage.

FantasyFan

#5 Post by FantasyFan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Ah, I didn't think of all that. Guess that comes from being a naive consumer. ;)