Artists Colony

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
deadgraceful

Artists Colony

#1 Post by deadgraceful » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:51 am

Has anyone played this yet? I played it a few weeks ago. It's not a bad little game. You build an artists' colony and attract artists to it. You have to look after them and encourage them to make art. It gets a bit repetitive once the main storyline is over and you've built and restored everything, but it's an entertaining way to while away a few hours. It's especially fun when the characters fall in love, and the musicians sing sad songs when their hearts are broken.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:54 am

I found that game to be pretty disappointing myself. Not sure why exactly, it's probably fun during the midgame when you have a lot going on. But at the beginning, I was slightly annoyed by the backstory of the plot (I can't remember why!) and since you start out with very few characters to control, there was a lot of time sitting and staring at progress bars waiting to be able to actually do something again.

However, I know a lot of people liked it, so it's probably just me. :)

lill_sweetty

#3 Post by lill_sweetty » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Did you press the button that increases the speed of the game Hanako? I was frustrated before I played at the highest speed, and then I found the pace tolerable. It does get faster right around the middle, but by then I found it to be repetitive... Which is odd, because really it's no difference from CK or CKK, where you simply pick your job. Probably it's because advancing the storyline took SUCH a long time.

Kunnaki

#4 Post by Kunnaki » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:45 am

I looked it up just now. It looks interesting, but I've never been that big on the Arts. If anyone has it, feel free to tell me how it is.