Bionic Heart (Mac, possibly linux)

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Bionic Heart (Mac, possibly linux)

#1 Post by hanako » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Science fiction adventure and romance in a visual novel.
London, 2099. The earth isn't what it used to be anymore. Incredible climate changes have corrupted the weather, causing a permanent rain on most of the Earth's surface. You play the role of Luke Black, a 36-year-old bio-informatic engineer. He is one of the lead programmers at Nanotech, a big nanotechnology research company.
But one night, his life is changed forever when he encounters Tanya. Who is she? What does she wants from Luke?
You can download the demo HERE

or

buy the game HERE

CheesePiee

Bionic Heart

#2 Post by CheesePiee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:48 am

Alright, well I've played the demo of Bionic Heart and I'm very interested, and I'm wanting to buy it.
The thing is, I've never bought a game from Hanako Games that comes as a CD before, and because I'm pretty sure it's an American game, I'm a little unsure if it'll work with my computer considering I am in Australia.
On another note, I read somewhere that it works on Windows, which was why I was going to buy it because my Computer is a Windows Vista Home Premium, but now I'm not so sure.
Would it still work?

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:49 am

Bionic Heart is not technically from me, it's from another studio that I have an affiliate relationship with (we both sell each other's stuff.) He's actually located in Italy, not the US - but it doesn't really matter. :)

You don't need to get the game on CD if you don't want to! The site that sells the game offers a 'backup CD' option that basically just puts the exact same file you'd get by downloading onto a simple CD. The point of this is that if your computer crashes or something, you can reinstall from the CD without having to contact the author to get a new download. However, it's totally optional. The game will work just fine without that.

If you're not sure if the windows version will work on your computer, download the windows demo to check?

CheesePiee

#4 Post by CheesePiee » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:55 am

Oh, right!
Thankyou.

I think I've gotten it all worked out now actually, so hopefully everything will be okay.

Much appreciated!