Bionic Heart - now available

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
jack_norton

#31 Post by jack_norton » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:48 am

If you reach the point where you hide in the wardrobe, and see the scene of richard arrested on TV, then the ONLY cause is the wrong relationship values.
The line of code is quite clear and bug-proof:

Code: Select all

if attributes[Ptanya]>50 and attributes[Phelen]>60:
        jump happyending
    else:
        jump tanyatom
so either you don't have >50 for Tanya or >60 for helen, there is NO other possibility sorry (on this I'm 100% sure).

mpeijzel

#32 Post by mpeijzel » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi Jack,

I believe that your code is ok! :D

However, I'm quite sure that the last entry of Helen has the ENTIRE bar filled, and I did nothing but please her! So that value must be >= 100%.

Also, I never let Tanya down. Her bar is at least 2/3 full, so that must be above 50%.

I'm wondering if there is a way to check the attribute values before entering this screen?
Do the values rotate to 0 when they go above 100%, i.e. 120% becomes 20%?

How can I check if I have the right values? Can you check your code if there is a place where the attribute value LOWERS (or is set at a specific low value) WITHOUT displaying the relationship bar for a short while?

What I'll try out for now is to keep Helen below 100%, to see if that makes a difference for the ending.

Thanks,

Marcel.

mpeijzel

#33 Post by mpeijzel » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:09 pm

Yes, my suspicions were right. When I get more than 100% for a character, the comparison fails: 130% is "LESS than 60%" for this game. This is a limitation of RenPy, I think.

I just replayed, and I annoyed Helen once or twice, so she would stay below 100% with her relationship. I end around 65-70%, and I finally get that ending #24!

For the technical people: I think the relationship is a small integer that goes from 0-100 (wrapping around 100) or from -128 to +127, where they wrap. So +130 relationship becomes -126. Maybe RenPy can change this in a future release of their Game Design Kit.

Marcel.

jack_norton

#34 Post by jack_norton » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Hm that's really strange :) I think isn't a fault of renpy since I use python code.
However in the stat changing routine I'm doing:

if new_attributes[id]>100:
                    new_attributes[id]=100
even if before I do a conversion to int with:

new_attributes[id]=int(new_attributes[id])
so maybe the bug is there. Thanks for reporting it, I'm going to investigate to understand if is an error of renpy or (more likely) mine :lol:

mpeijzel

additional information

#35 Post by mpeijzel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:44 am

Hi Jack,

I reinstalled the game on my computer, and deleted all savegames.
I restarted the game and wrote down every choice I made.
The first time I got ending #23 instead of #24.

Finally, I am able to reproduce ending #24.

One step is VITAL: if you don't do it, then Helen's affection drops to 25 or 30 WITHOUT the game noticing you!

SPOILER BELOW THIS LINE IN WHITE TEXT

After you lie to Tom about Tanya, you go to the office.
Click 3 times on "Work".
Now is the vital part: if you click on "Stay in office", Helen's affection drops to 25 or 30, and the game does NOT notify you about this!
Instead, click on "Holomap", "Public Gardens", and meet both women. Afterwards, choose "Go back to the office". Now Helen's affection is as high as it was before, and you can still get ending #24.

My background:
Going to the park at this point puts you at risk, since you might contact both Tanya and Helen. Helen's affection may get hurt by this. Because of this, I often clicked on "Stay in the office", but once I accidentally clicked on the above three choices instead. Then I saved the game, without remembering this. It took me more than 30 hours to crack this "bug", but I found it!

END OF SPOILER

Jack: please either remove the "drop to 25 or 30" from this point in the script code, or mention to the player that this affection drop has occured.

Also, if anyone still needs all the clicks to get ending #24, then just let me know, and I'll post them in a new message in this thread!

mpeijzel

another bug

#36 Post by mpeijzel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:53 am

Hi Jack,

I found another, new bug:

In the version I downloaded on October 4, I was able to get ending #23 in the following way:

(spoiler in white below)

Just choose everything to get ending #24, but rather than hiding in the wardrobe, you take the Phaser Gun from the Night stand. Then join the fight in the living room.

(spoiler in white above this line)

However, in the newest version I downloaded on October 29, I am no longer able to get ending #23 in this way:

(spoiler in white below)

I can't take the gun anymore in the end of the game!
When inspecting the Night stand, it tells "I find a gun in here", but it does not take the gun. Also, there is no option to take it. (In the beginning of the game I can still take the gun. But no matter whether I take it, or leave it there in the beginning, it becomes unselectable in the end.)

For ending #23 there is a workaround (just get in wardrobe and make sure the women have low affection), but ending #14 seems to be blocked now! When I try to leave the room, I get a message that I can't go that way unarmed.

(spoiler in white above this line)

Please let me know if you can still get ending #14 with the newest uploaded version of the game.

jack_norton

#37 Post by jack_norton » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:48 pm

About the first, it's not a bug but indeed the game doesn't notify you about it. It actually drops both Helen & Tanya ratings since Luke in the game decide to focus on work more than relationships. I thought wouldn't make much sense to notify of a change if the character isn't even present :)
(I mean in real life sometimes you make bad decision that affect other peopel feelings towards you, but you don't always realize it!)

About the 2nd bug, is true :( I really dont' know how ,but I didn't copy the updated file inside the bundle!! I'm going to send it to you by email (I should still have it) and will also upload a fixed version again... sigh