Bionic Heart - now available

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
kaechan

#16 Post by kaechan » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:04 am

Thanks so much Jack :) I have unlocked all the endings :)!

visualnoveladdict

#17 Post by visualnoveladdict » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

I can't seem to get Happy Ending

What's the exact order it should go in?

liz4187

#18 Post by liz4187 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:07 pm

I couldn't get it either, I thought I had done everything right though :/

Biawog

#19 Post by Biawog » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Maybe what you have been doing is about Professor Mark's job offer? To get this ending,you must reject his offer (I think so,at least) and make Helen stay in Luke's apartment. That's how I got it :). Hope that helped in anything

(sorry for the late reply ><)

mpeijzel

Mark's offer

#20 Post by mpeijzel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm

How do I get Mark's offer? It seems to be needed for some of the endings, but Mark never offered me anything.

hanako
Site Admin

#21 Post by hanako » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 pm

As best I remember it, at one point you had the option to look up information in the work database that might relate to Tanya.

Mark has flags in the database on that sort of information, so when you poke around, he notices, and comes to talk to you.

Biawog

#22 Post by Biawog » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:36 pm

How do I get an invitation from Julia to an "interview"? It's needed in three endings and I'm only missing those :/. Maybe I should say to Helen that Tanya is a secret project? Or not?

Thanks for any help :)

mpeijzel

another question / BUG

#23 Post by mpeijzel » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:05 pm

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Thanks! After experimenting, I finally found that out by trying some things.
I was scared that I would blow the cover for Tanya if I would query that database, and that's why I never tried it in the game!

BUG FOUND:

But I finally tried it (clicking on Database query), got the offer from Mark, and I accepted it.
But I have a new problem: when I accept the offer, and work a day for Mark, then my game keeps repeating itself. It's just like the game jumps from day #4 to day #3 or so... (Actually it jumps from the Chapter 4 story to the Chapter 3 story, but it still says Chapter 4 in the game.) It only happens when I accept the offer. At night, I get to choose again whether to sleep at Helen's or to go to my house. When I sleep at Helen's and directly go to my work, Helen gets killed (ending #3). (But that was the same sequence of events from the day before! Also, Helen talks AGAIN about that officer that visited her store and tried out clothes.)
Also, when I sleep at home, I wake up AGAIN at night with the shower issue, but this time nobody is in the shower (the buttons 'go out' and 'bathroom' only beep and do nothing. No response or sound from anyone. But when I click 'call police', the usual thing happens (Ending). It's the only working button!
When I get around this by visiting Helen, sleeping with Helen, visiting my own house, talking with Tanya, and finally going to work (the only sequence that prevents killing Helen), I have the usual working day, and at 6 PM I again invent the same thing over and over again.

The game really loops here. This is the case with the version I downloaded on September 26 (by buying it from the author's website), but also with the new version that I downloaded on October 4.

I started a fresh new game after installing the new version, to avoid savegame conflicts. I made choices to make Helen like me, I queried the database, accepted the offer from Mark, and then I chose 'Helen should not know everything' because I wanted to get Endings #11, #19, #20.

Please let me know if someone can reproduce ending #11, #19 or #20 by using the most recent game download, or whether it's a known bug.

For me, the game just loops over and over again.

jack_norton

#24 Post by jack_norton » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Hm will take a look. I remember I fixed something in chapter 3, but was a minor problem. Now I don't want that fixing that minor problem I caused a major bug instead...!
Will let you know.

P.S: what version are you playing? Pc/mac/linux?

Biawog

#25 Post by Biawog » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:00 am

Just passing by to say that I found out what I should do :D! YAY,NOW I HAVE ALL THE ENDINGS!!!!! I loved this game ^^!

mpeijzel

#26 Post by mpeijzel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:12 am

Hi Jack,

I use the PC version (on Windows Vista).

When I compare the two downloaded versions, they differ binary. Which means that you probably have uploaded an updated version since I bought it. But BOTH PC versions (downloaded Sep 26 and Oct 4) have the same problem of looping when I accept Mark's offer.

Please let me know if you can get these endings with the PC version from around Oct 4, and tell me which choices I should make to avoid the looping.

I also have trouble with ending #24, by the way. I'm quite sure that both involved characters have a high enough Compassion value, and I meet the other requirements you wrote about on this forum. But I keep getting another ending instead. But maybe I forgot some small thing, I should try that again.

jack_norton

#27 Post by jack_norton » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:29 am

So, I played several times and still I couldn't find the looping :oops:

The ideal is if you have a saved game in that point and you could send me. I tried lot of times but even picking different choices I was never getting that loop :(
You had bad luck since it seems like being stuck in the loop is harder than avoiding it (I'm pretty sure since I really tried playing picking different choices many times).

On Pc the savegame folder should be under:
C:\users\YOURUSERNAME\appdata\roaming\renpy\Bionic_Heart-1.0

there are various numbered save files, if you have a game saved in the loop I can find out which variables aren't triggered correctly and fix it :)

jack_norton

#28 Post by jack_norton » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:35 am

Biawog wrote:How do I get an invitation from Julia to an "interview"? It's needed in three endings and I'm only missing those :/. Maybe I should say to Helen that Tanya is a secret project? Or not?

Thanks for any help :)
This is a bit tricky :)
First you must betray Tanya's by accepting Helen suggestion to go to the police (after you say that you'll stay at Helen's place). The next day at work when Julia invites you to the interview you must REFUSE (if you accept other events happens and you never get to the interview).
Then you have to work until late for the bugs, and once you leave office you go to helen's place (tanya is with her). You tell her about what happened and she suggest you and Helen go with Tom at the interview.
Helen will try again to convince you to go the police but you must pick "Meet Tom" choice.
From that point, save! The interview is quite fun and based on the choices you can have several endings, so better if you save :)

jack_norton

#29 Post by jack_norton » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:36 am

mpeijzel was right, there's a bug, which can be avoided though. I post it here in case someone gets stuck:

<spoiler>
You accepted Mark's offer and you arrive at the break-up point where you choose if Helen must know about your story or not.
The steps are:
- Helen shouldn't know more
- Listen to Tanya
- Tom deserved it
- Work (4 times)
- Ask for a break
- Ask about Tom
- Beg him
- Tell you quit
- Public Gardens (I really need fresh air here)
- Office (finish working day)
the bug happens ONLY if you get back to your office WITHOUT meeting with tom in his flat.
So to avoid the loop you just need to click on Tom's Flat in the map, and then either meet him at the park or simply go back to your office (and this time the story will go on normally).

Will do an update to the game probably next week (depending how busy I am) since it's not a plot-stopping bug (there's a workaround).
Thanks to mpeijzel for finding out this hard-to-spot bug :)

mpeijzel

Ending #24

#30 Post by mpeijzel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 pm

I still can't get ending #24.

I have all the following:

SPOILER in white text below

Helen's attribute is at least 100
Tanya's attribute is somewhere around 70
I did and did not sleep with Tanya (I tried both options)
I stayed in the office, except the first day with Tom
I lied to Tom about Tanya (to avoid the Mars ending)
I told Helen everything when the three of us were at my place
When the robots arrive, I hid in the wardrobe.
I did not do any research about Tanya in the database, and I did not get or accept any offer from Mark.

What have I done wrong? What should I do as well? I always end up with ending #23.