College Romance: Rise of the Little Brother

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Sara

College Romance: Rise of the Little Brother

#1 Post by Sara » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:31 pm

I have no idea why no one mentioned this game at all (I just used the search function, no worries), since it is from one of Hanako Games' affiliates (Tycoon Games), so here it is:

You are just starting your first year at the university where your brother recently graduated. It's your first exposure to college life, your first time living on your own, and possibly your first true romance.

The graphics are reminiscent of Heileen and this is a boy-oriented VN (you play as a boy, try to conquer girls, etc), you can download a demo here:

http://www.tycoongames.eu/adventures/collegeromance.php

Naiomi666

ok

#2 Post by Naiomi666 » Thu May 21, 2009 6:41 am

So so i played the game before and this is my opinion.

Man this game is guy oriented and you can tell due one of the storyline.

Spoilers:

In one of the stories your character can date twin girls that not only dress a little bit slutty but they both have a thing for each other and YOU.

i could not stand this story because i felt like i was reading from a man's fantasy. And you could never pick one twin. It either had to all or none.

I did however like the story with Terri. She seemed cool and not only did their relationship feel compatible in her story they just seem to be good together. There was just one tiny thing i didn't like and that was her bad ending.

So if your a guy or you like to read twincest i would recommend you buying this game. However other people should play the demo before buying this game.

Biawog

#3 Post by Biawog » Fri May 22, 2009 11:16 pm

I also thought it was very guy-oriented. I have played and enjoyed games like that,but this one just didn't feel so cool :/. For me,it's not worth buying it,but other people can like it! Has cute graphics. At least,that's what I saw from the demo. But the game just didn't have that thing,you know? The thing that wants me to keep playing and wants more than the demo.

My opinion is: Try the demo before you buy it cause you may regret buying it right on. Some may like,and some may not.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sat May 23, 2009 1:31 am

And this is basically why I didn't promote that particular game here myself. Not because there's something wrong with it, but I just didn't feel it was quite as good a match for this site.

Sara

Re: College Romance: Rise of the Little Brother

#5 Post by Sara » Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 pm

@hanako: Feel free to delete this thread! I totally get your point! When I posted the link here I had just found the game, so I didn't play it... I have, since then, however, tried the Demo, and it's definitely not my cup of tea´either... ;)

Naiomi666

pity

#6 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:27 pm

its kind of sad that this game is not so good because the first college romance was pretty good. Did anyone play that game? Its free. What are peoples opinions about the first one compared to the second one.

azureXtwilight

#7 Post by azureXtwilight » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 pm

It's not my cup of tea, too...
I don't know, but actually as a girl, this game is so... guy-ish?
And true, I like the first one better (just played the demo)

Indalecio

#8 Post by Indalecio » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:33 pm

I am guy, and I can't say I liked it myself. It seemed a little contrived, and a little bit too short. It also seems like the main character was a little too defined, which made it a little hard to identify with.

Kunnaki

#9 Post by Kunnaki » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:42 pm

I have to say, I expected better things of the second game, especially since I'm a sucker for games that deal with a guy trying to hook up with a girl. But honestly, after playing the demo, I think the 2nd game leaves a lot to be desired, unlike the first one.

witchboy

#10 Post by witchboy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:37 am

I played the demo and it just didn't grab me, which is sad because it felt like with a little tweaking it could have been a lot better.
I do think it was geared more toward boys which may be why I didn't like it. I may be a boy but my taste in games is all girly.

k24601

#11 Post by k24601 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 am

It's funny, because I would usually complain about this sort of game and yet I remember enjoying playing the game, especially getting the twins. I think there was one or two paths though that you COULD get only one of the twins but I'm not a hundred percent certain about that so I know it's very possible that I could just be misremembering things or maybe it was a dream I had or something. *shrug* :lol:

The first one? I have no idea. I really need to hunt that down and play it again sometime. I haven't played CR : Rise of the little brother in a looong time either.