BOYxBOY GAMES

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
witchboy

BOYxBOY GAMES

#1 Post by witchboy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 am

I'd love to have some BOYxBOY games released, or at least have boy/boy pairings as an option in the games. There have been girl/girl relationships in some games so I'm hopeful that there will be something for boys who like boys someday too.

Naiomi666

ok

#2 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:34 am

So i think the reason why there aren't a lot of boy boy games being released is because maybe a lot of us are girls and don't want to play a boy(marketing?)? Dunno?

But i know of a game on the lemma soft forum that has a game were the guy is the main character and all of his love interest are guys. It takes place in an art school and one word in the title of their game is "Gakuen". I think. Sorry if i can't be more of help!

witchboy

#3 Post by witchboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:20 am

Hey
I'm a boy and I enjoy playing as a boy and a girl, the most important thing is a good story, but it would be nice to have more boy/boy options sincw I'm a boy who likes boys.
I played Dream Savior Gakuen earlier tonight, and it is really good. It's a sweet cute story, only about 45 minutes long, and it's totally PG, nothing hardcore, I totally recommend it. Cute boys and a really touching story with a surprise twist. I saw where there was going to be a DSG 2, YAY!
Then I played Spirited Hearts all the way thru for the second time in two days nan that game is addictive!

Sara

Re: ok

#4 Post by Sara » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Naiomi666 wrote:So i think the reason why there aren't a lot of boy boy games being released is because maybe a lot of us are girls and don't want to play a boy(marketing?)? Dunno?
BoyxBoy games are a HUGE hit among girls. AND they are not meant to be played by boys only, they usually have got some really well-developed romantic plots.
Believe me, a lot of girls (me included) prefer Yaoi and Shounen-ai over the common girlxboy games because seeing two guys together means twice the hotness. These games are most definitely not played by boys only. I am a straight girl and I love boys-love games because of what I have said before.
There are some BoyxBoy games out there that are translated in english, mostly Visual-Novels...
Enzai: Falsely Accused
Absolute Obedience
Togainu no Chi
Death Note: Poisoned (and its upcoming sequel: D.Nd: Infected)
Shira Oka (It's a BxG game but if I reckon correctly you may end with a boy)

akashacatbat

#5 Post by akashacatbat » Fri May 08, 2009 11:55 pm

The problem with the first two is that violence and rape play a big part in the stories, especially in Enzai. There are also a couple of characters who are listed as 18, but it is pretty apparent that the game designers themselves did not intend them to be that old. I'm fairly certain that the age change was made by the English translators in order for the game to be sellable in the English speaking market.

Naiomi666

#6 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:28 pm

[quote="Sara"][quote="Naiomi666"]So i think the reason why there aren't a lot of boy boy games being released is because maybe a lot of us are girls and don't want to play a boy(marketing?)? Dunno?[/quote]
BoyxBoy games are a HUGE hit among girls. AND they are not meant to be played by boys only, they usually have got some really well-developed romantic plots.
Believe me, a lot of girls (me included) prefer Yaoi and Shounen-ai over the common girlxboy games because seeing two guys together means twice the hotness. These games are most definitely not played by boys only. I am a straight girl and I love boys-love games because of what I have said before.
There are some BoyxBoy games out there that are translated in english, mostly Visual-Novels...
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzai]Enzai: Falsely Accused[/url]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zettai_Fukuju_Meirei]Absolute Obedience[/url]
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Togainu_no_Chi]Togainu no Chi[/url]
[url=http://www.cursedmoons.com/fan/game/poisoned/index.htm]Death Note: Poisoned[/url] (and its upcoming sequel: [url=http://www.cursedmoons.com/new_project.htm]D.Nd: Infected[/url])
[url=http://www.shira-oka.com/]Shira Oka[/url] (It's a BxG game but if I reckon correctly you may end with a boy)[/quote]

i second wait for the sequel to d.n. poisoned. It looks like it is going to be good!

aya_lyka

#7 Post by aya_lyka » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:14 pm

Sara wrote:
Naiomi666 wrote:So i think the reason why there aren't a lot of boy boy games being released is because maybe a lot of us are girls and don't want to play a boy(marketing?)? Dunno?
Enzai: Falsely Accused
Absolute Obedience
Togainu no Chi
Death Note: Poisoned (and its upcoming sequel: D.Nd: Infected)
Shira Oka (It's a BxG game but if I reckon correctly you may end with a boy)
very very agree. i also like Yaoi's very hot. it gets kind of gross though if you played the h part.

Kunnaki

#8 Post by Kunnaki » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm straight as a line, but I also play Yaoi games. <_< Only cause my girlfriend got me into them. I've played Enzai and Absolute Obedience. They were both rather good. I enjoyed Enzai for the music, the characters, and the plot. And I enjoyed AO for the characters and the endings to the missions.

Sara

#9 Post by Sara » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Kunnaki wrote:I'm straight as a line, but I also play Yaoi games. <_< Only cause my girlfriend got me into them. I've played Enzai and Absolute Obedience. They were both rather good. I enjoyed Enzai for the music, the characters, and the plot. And I enjoyed AO for the characters and the endings to the missions.
Eh, I've seen many straight guys like Yaoi before, even the hardcore kind.
I also like Yuri (GirlxGirl), if it's done tastefully. If the story is good, why not?
I am most definitely not against the h parts when it comes to yaoi. They can be really, really hot (even though I'm not into things like shota, or girly-boys, and these are so common!), and they're one of the reasons why I prefer Yaoi instead of the usual kind (BxG; GxB).
Do you like Yaoi anime as well? I've met this guy who loves Junjou Romantica (and I love it too, the story is so great, better than most "straight" romance animes I've watched). Another one that boys seem to really enjoy is Ai no Kusabi (which is my personal favorite), since the story is also really interesting and it has many sci-fi elements.

Ohhh by the way, I am actually part of a team that is translating Prince Maker: Braveness right now (it is doujin a game with the same gameplay as Princess Maker, but with some shounen-ai/yaoi undertones - if you want you might get some BxB endings), I am the image/video editor, and the patch is almost ready, so I'll keep you guys updated if you're interested. :)

sayuri

#10 Post by sayuri » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:25 am

Hmm that sounds interesting ^^. I've never gotton to play Princess Maker even though I've looked everywhere :(.

BTW, I adored Dnd Poisined. That had some intense H moments too, nothing hardcore though. I'm still not sure how that was even allowed because the characters are obviously 13 and 14.

KoiNoDensetsu

#11 Post by KoiNoDensetsu » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:17 am

Oops, I just made a thread on this...

I really want m/m games too, but I don't want it to have the usual effeminate characters that most yaoi has. (not saying there couldn't be a shoa character though. :P)

tamda

#12 Post by tamda » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:24 am

Sara wrote: Ohhh by the way, I am actually part of a team that is translating Prince Maker: Braveness right now (it is doujin a game with the same gameplay as Princess Maker, but with some shounen-ai/yaoi undertones - if you want you might get some BxB endings), I am the image/video editor, and the patch is almost ready, so I'll keep you guys updated if you're interested. :)
prairie dogs and looks about

Uhm, Prince maker translation team, what? goes to google and decides to wait patiently for links/info after seeing 20+phishing sites
I've heard some awesome things about Braveness, so I definitely would love to hear more about it. :D
Why oh why do I spend so much time on life sims?
Oh, cause they're cute.
And fun. Oh, and oh yeah, I have no life besides work and games. Ahh.
It explains so much!

witchboy

#13 Post by witchboy » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 am

The Prince maker trailer looks promising the art is pretty keep us informed!

Kunnaki

#14 Post by Kunnaki » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:34 am

Eh, I've seen many straight guys like Yaoi before, even the hardcore kind.
I also like Yuri (GirlxGirl), if it's done tastefully. If the story is good, why not?
I am most definitely not against the h parts when it comes to yaoi. They can be really, really hot (even though I'm not into things like shota, or girly-boys, and these are so common!), and they're one of the reasons why I prefer Yaoi instead of the usual kind (BxG; GxB).
Do you like Yaoi anime as well? I've met this guy who loves Junjou Romantica (and I love it too, the story is so great, better than most "straight" romance animes I've watched). Another one that boys seem to really enjoy is Ai no Kusabi (which is my personal favorite), since the story is also really interesting and it has many sci-fi elements.
Harcore Yaoi? Hmm... never really seen that. To be honest, Enzai and Absolute Obedience are the only Yaoi games I've ever really played, cause I never really found others that were good like those two. And the only Yuri game I've ever really played that can be considered Yuri is, Raidy: The Lightning Warrior.
And I don't think I've seen any Yaoi anime either. They did have Enzai as an anime, but I considered that a Shounen-ai anime instead of a Yaoi, since there weren't many explict sences.

witchboy

#15 Post by witchboy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:20 am

You don't consider the Enzai game to be hardcore? I've played the game and it's full of tons of kinky non con and flat out rape around every corner, and that's just with the good characters. I'm terrified of what you consider hardcore :lol: