Spirited Heart

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
addams013

#46 Post by addams013 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:15 am

Strange question: How do "Seduction" and "Charisma" differ? Is one primarily for romance and the other for social climbing/job opportunities, or what?

I've finally begun to get the hang of this game. I especially love the feeling like you have a hand in how well work goes for the week, even though it's still random. :) Is the "randomness" adjusted for expertise (beyond having success be automatic when certain ability levels are reached)?

jack_norton

#47 Post by jack_norton » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:43 am

Yes, seduction is mainly for romance, while charisma can work also for jobs that require high leadership (speaking, appearance, etc).

As your skill gets higher you'll see that you fail at your job much less. For example if you have >75 skill in wisdom you'll see you almost never will have a bad day at School job, and so on.

faerirose

Acquiring Multiple Titles

#48 Post by faerirose » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 am

I'm on my 4th playthrough and I'm curious as to how you get the titles you've previously achieved to show up on subsequent games. On the Character Sheet page the titles always have ""?" in them. Or are we able to get more than 1 title per play?

Thanks

jack_norton

#49 Post by jack_norton » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:37 am

Ah no titles are like stats, they reset to zero when you start a new game. They're not like achievement, for example.

faerirose

'Nuther Title Question

#50 Post by faerirose » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 am

Ah, okay okay. Makes sense. So the blanks in the title area, is that the correct number of titles so I know how many I'm shooting for in the long run?12 or 14 I think it is (going off my spotty memory).

jack_norton

#51 Post by jack_norton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:29 am

Yes they represent the total different titles available in the game (but you can get only one each playthrough).

RisenAngel17

#52 Post by RisenAngel17 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi, I was really interested, so I thought I'd play the demo; however, I'm having problems with downloading the demo. After I download it, this window comes up saying that they can't find the specified device, path or file and that I may not have appropriate permissions to access this file. What does that mean? Does it mean I need to download certain programs to access this game? If so, what files and where can I find them? If I need to go to their website to ask this question, can someone give me a link? Thank you for helping!

hanako
Site Admin

#53 Post by hanako » Fri May 13, 2011 10:20 pm

What does that mean? Does it mean I need to download certain programs to access this game?
No, that should not be the case.

What sort of computer are you using?

I can think of a few possible explanations for what might be happening, but it would be fastest to get the best details first. :)

RisenAngel17

#54 Post by RisenAngel17 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Sorry, I had a feeling I was forgetting something XD

I'm using my laptop, which is a windows 7 HP brand (I'm not really into computers, so I don't know the specific type...I think it's vista, though. I don't really know because there's a windows 7 sticker next to the keyboard...I knew I shouldn't have thrown out that instruction manual. Stupid, stupid me *wacking herself with a hammer right now*) I'm pretty sure it's a windows 7 because the sticker on the back of my laptop says Windows 7 HP.

Does this help? I'm sorry if it's criptic, if so, tell me and I'll call my dad; he was with me when I bought it, so he would know.

hanako
Site Admin

#55 Post by hanako » Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 pm

No, that's plenty to get started with. :)

When you downloaded the demo, were you careful to get the Windows demo and not one of the ones for Mac or Linux? (Obvious, but I have to check that.)

When you clicked to download it, did you tell it to run as soon as it downloaded, or did you 'save to disk' to run later? If so, where did you save it?

RisenAngel17

#56 Post by RisenAngel17 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:54 am

It said 'save to' so I created a folder. But I think I figured out the problem-I wonder if I don't have enough space on my laptop for the demo, so I go to my mom's house every so often and she has what we refer to as 'the family computer' I tried downloading there and it worked, so if I do decide to purchase the game, I might just purchase it on my families computer; so really, problem's solved. Thank you SO MUCH for helping me, though! :lol:

jack_norton

#57 Post by jack_norton » Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 pm

For those into GxG stuff, I'm going to make a paid expansion for this game featuring 6 new female characters to date. Not sure yet when will be out but should be this summer 8)

Schizoid

Eep!

#58 Post by Schizoid » Fri May 27, 2011 9:29 pm

So, I followed the link to redownload my game (I bought it previously, but have since changed computers and lost it) and a strange message popped up when it was downloading. It said something about an 'illegal instruction' being encountered and how I should terminate it. o_o: I've never had this problem with Winter Wolves before...

jack_norton

#59 Post by jack_norton » Sat May 28, 2011 8:41 am

Is very likey that the download wasn't completed correctly, so you should retry. I'm thinking about moving all my old games to use online activation since has much less problems than the download system.

Schizoid

#60 Post by Schizoid » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:51 pm

I emailed support, and they said that they were having problems with that link working with Windows 7. It was resolved, though, and I got mah game! <3 *dances with glee*