Twinkle Toes Skating

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Twinkle Toes Skating

#1 Post by hanako » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 pm

The game appears to have found its way onto Big Fish Games, however it never showed up in the What's New list, nor does it have a New! exclamation mark next to it. I'm not sure if this is a mistake, or if it hasn't actually launched yet but has been put in the database early, or what.

However, should you wish to play the game, you can try downloading the trial here:

(Moving to 'Affiliate Games' since even though I wrote it, I'm not selling it directly.)
Last edited by hanako on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calixte9

#2 Post by Calixte9 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:54 am

Looks great, Ill check it out.

Sara

#3 Post by Sara » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Oh my, YAY! I can't wait to play it! :D

Biawog

#4 Post by Biawog » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:54 pm

Seriously Oo?Strange how Big Fish did something like this....I have been checking the site all this time and,yeah,it's not on the list or anything...So I thought it wasn't out yet. I'm downloading it now,so,YAY!!!!!!!

Thank you for informing us :D!

muzzy

#5 Post by muzzy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:21 am

hanako, ive only been a lurker thus far, but I really wonder why you aren't distributing this game. I like this game as I've liked many of your other games but many of the major portals for game distributing have crazy DRM. My computer has been so screwed by DRM that I am wary of buying games from anyone but the original publisher, places like bigfish use their own wrappers, I'm not computer savy enough to know how this affects my computer but a statement from you would help me. I was stupid enough to install some of the newer sims 2 eps and I was (for a lack of a better word) infected with securerom, could you please tell us what places are safe to download from because I don't want to replace my laptop yet!

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:42 am

Because the rights are signed to the publisher. I can't sell it myself, it's their game now. This doesn't apply to future games I make, it's just part of how that particular game ended up being made. I'll update this topic when/if I find any other places to buy the game from. Right now, the only other ones I know of are in Russian.

I appreciate your concern and I agree, it's really confusing trying to deal with all the different portals and their different security management schemes, some of which work better than others.

To the best of my knowledge the big fish game wrapper doesn't do anything evil and if you downloaded the demo from them you already have their tool installed. I've never heard of anyone having nasty problems with BFG, and they're even pretty reasonable about letting you reinstall games that you've deleted/lost/had to get a new computer. However, I don't work for them, so I don't have any inside information. :)

jessicacute

Twinkle Toes Skating

#7 Post by jessicacute » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:24 am

I hope it's okay for me to post this.
Actually, I've downloaded it and played it. There are no problems, in the main menu there is a Hanako Games sign. It's very exciting once you get the hang of it (it's exciting to watch the main character skate while you match tiles, if you ARE putting it quick enough!) The comic and character designs are nice too but the costumes should be more conservative.I think this game gets very hard quickly, at the first level, its very easy but after a few levels i have to retry a few times! (This game needs a lot of logic to win at the higher levels) Overall, this is a good game :)

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:48 pm

There's an entry for the game now at PlayFirst, although it's apparently not officially on sale there yet:

http://www.playfirst.com/game/twinkle-toes-skating

(I just found that by a random websearch, so I don't have any information about when it might be available there.)