Heileen - endings?

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
maldemer

Heileen - endings?

#1 Post by maldemer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 am

I was really excited for Heileen, but I've played through it a BUNCH of times and only gotten one ending... What gives?? The website says there are multiple endings... Is that true?

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:07 pm

If you check this other thread, I included the advice the author posted and a link to his forums.

He hasn't provided a walkthrough, though, so that's the best I can do at the moment. If you nag him about it, maybe he'll write a better guide? :)

jack_norton

#3 Post by jack_norton » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:23 am

Hi, game author here :)

Some spoilers:

To get other endings, the first events in the game are very important. During the armwrestling you shouldn't stay in with John but follow Marie outside.
In the bridge scene in beginning of chapter3, let her touch your face and when she is about to fall down, you must try to get her up and not run to call for help.
In the party on chapter 4, don't go alone on your own but stay with her.
This should be enough to get her ending.
For Lora's one, when you injury your knees let her carry you. When you are alone on chapter6, try to spend the day with her instead of going to Marie.

Hope that's enough help :)

Lira

#4 Post by Lira » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:00 pm

I've been trying for the Lora-ending.

I did let her carry me, I spent the whole day with her after the argument with Marie, told her that she is beautiful, let her comfort me when Marie tried to kill herself, did not go along with John and Marie when they went to see Ebele - but instead told Lora about it. I'm still getting the John ending, though. Is there anything else I'm missing or doing wrong?

And the "Marie-ending", is it really not more than just the few lines thinking about her before you end up with John anyway?

jack_norton

#5 Post by jack_norton » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Lira wrote:I've been trying for the Lora-ending.

I did let her carry me, I spent the whole day with her after the argument with Marie, told her that she is beautiful, let her comfort me when Marie tried to kill herself, did not go along with John and Marie when they went to see Ebele - but instead told Lora about it. I'm still getting the John ending, though. Is there anything else I'm missing or doing wrong?

And the "Marie-ending", is it really not more than just the few lines thinking about her before you end up with John anyway?
Hm maybe should make lora's ending easier. What you did is right, you're missing it by just 1 point! Some extra hints:
when you met Marie after she tried to suicide, you need to choose "Lora is right..." option. And you don't need to tell lora that John and Marie go down to see Ebele (choose option "I'm sorry Lora... but now I feel sleepy, I want to go to bed.").

You can recognize the different endings in chapter 8 title:
John's: "Guardian Angel"
Marie: "Friend Forever"
Lora: "Free Life"

Lira

#6 Post by Lira » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:10 am

Thanks. Got it now. Still not sure what I'm missing for the Marie ending though.

jack_norton

#7 Post by jack_norton » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:51 am

Marie's ending is the hardest :)

Basically there are some key things to do:
say you're happy that he is aboard. In the armwrestling competition don't stay with john but run out when she does, crying. Let her touch your face in beginning of chapter 3 before she falls. When she falls don't scream for help but try to pull her up. In the party, stay with her (don't go alone with Elias). At end of that chapter she'll visit you, she's sick and about to vomit. If she makes you a love confession, you're half-road to win with her :)
Then when you had a discussion in the dining hall, you must go see her. If you spend your day with Lora and avoid seeing her you won't see Marie's ending.
If you do all those things, you should get that ending too.

Lira

#8 Post by Lira » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Cool. I got it now, thanks. :)

GreenDayFan09

#9 Post by GreenDayFan09 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:45 pm

I still can't get the Lora ending and I've played it a lot. I have her carry me back after I fall and for the part after my fight with Marie I spend the day with her (except when she is with my uncle) what am I not doing?

Dolly

#10 Post by Dolly » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 am

The Marie ending is hardest? It was easy for me! In fact I'm worried that the Lora ending is gonna be hardest...

BTW, the Marie ending is somewhat ambigious. Not wanting to spoil it... but I thought there was going to be an exchange of love confessions.
If I only had 30 seconds left to live, this is how I'd want to live them. Looking into your eyes.

FantasiaWHT

#11 Post by FantasiaWHT » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi, really enjoyable game, great dialogue!

Looking for a tip...

In all my playthroughs I have never had the option to NOT go with John and Marie to see Ebele... how do you trigger that?

witchboy

#12 Post by witchboy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:54 pm

I've followed all these suggestions and after playing at least 10 times I still only get John's ending every time!
Is there any other suggestions? I almost wonder if there's not something wrong with my game, it shouldn't be this hard to get more than one ending out of this game!
I wish I could get a walk thru, I really want to see the Lora and Marie endings.
I'm really looking forwad to Heileen 2 to find out what happens next!

cwbybrick

Still only getting John and Heileen ending

#13 Post by cwbybrick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:29 pm

I've been playing and playing over and over, and STILL am ONLY getting the John and Heileen ending. I've been using the hints the developer used, so I 'm guessing I just got a bad game.

witchboy

#14 Post by witchboy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

I never could get any ending other than John even with the tips and I'm sure I did everything right. Are there "bad" versions out there that don't have the other endings? I really would like to get the other endings. I guess I could redownlaod the game and try again.
I'm waiting for the voice work to be finished before getting Helene 2, really looking forward to it!

Esie

#15 Post by Esie » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:21 am

HI, TO ALL...!!
witchboy...The Marie ending is hardest? It was easy for me! In fact I'm worried that the Lora ending is gonna be hardest...

BTW, the Marie ending is somewhat ambigious. Not wanting to spoil it... but I thought there was going to be an exchange of love confessions.
thanks....how to deal with depression

cheers,...