Heileen (video trailer and demo)

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Heileen (video trailer and demo)

#1 Post by hanako » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:29 pm

I was not involved at all in this game's development, so I can't answer questions about it, but it looks promising... (Click to download video file, WMV format)
Last edited by hanako on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:04 am

There is now a demo available for this game and some more information at:

http://www.hanakogames.com/heileen.shtml

phoenixgirl

#3 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:40 am

I checked out the demo and it looks interesting. It looks similar to Summer Session in terms of the gameplay and all.

I wonder if Hanako helped to make this game as well.
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:15 pm

No, I had nothing to do with it. The other company that was involved in Summer Session made this on their own, along with the same artist who worked on that game.

So there are visual similarities and certainly it's inspired by that game, but the gameplay and story style are very different, and I didn't write any of it.

deb44

#5 Post by deb44 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:34 pm

I love this game :D , anyone know of a guide? i can't seem to reach the 3rd ending :(

liz4187

#6 Post by liz4187 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:52 am

*SPOILER*

i have to admit i'm a little disappointed. Being advertised as a dating sim I imagined she could end up with different people. Also with three endings i expected three different endings instead of the same ending with a different title based on the points i received. Also after trying every choice i was still one quest short of a perfect score. I don't understand how it is possible but that is unfortunately what happened.

Also I don't like the ending because suddenly half the characters are gone leaving no clue as to what happened to them. Additionally based on the games website it seemed you would get to know certain characters... such as burt better which never happened, which in my opinion left unanswered questions... i was just disappointed.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:18 am

As far as I know there should be actually different endings where you end up with different characters, not just the same ending with different titles, at least that's what the guy who wrote the game told me!

This is the guide he posted on his forums:
Some hints for people trying to get all the different endings.
The John's one is the "standard", so you should see that one normally.
If you want to see Marie's one, it's crucial the first part of the game: be kind with her and never leave her alone for John or someone else (like in the armwrestling scene, or in the party one).
If you want to see Lora's one instead, the most important part is after you get injured. Let her carry you to your cabin, and when you divide from Marie in chapter 6, try to stay with her the whole day.
That's all I can tell you, since I didn't write this one. Hope it helps!
Last edited by hanako on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liz4187

#8 Post by liz4187 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Whats that forum? because after that advice i am still getting the same ending

Naiomi666

#9 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:23 am

i like the story a lot in this game, i especially love the cat. So cute! but i am kind of disappointed about the endings only

spoiler:
The cat should have lived! Or at least show it before dying with its captain.

i thought that if you were a b***h to Marie then she would try and leave you on the sinking ship, because we can be SO mean to her.

Or we would end up alone for being a jerk to john.

I thought it would be kind of interesting if we could have a romance with jack. It would have been weird, but interesting.

elisabella

#10 Post by elisabella » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:03 am

Haha yeah there should have been a Jack ending. And an Elias one too.

I love love love these types of story games but I always wish there were more choices. Like...the option of joining the crew and becoming a sailor, or hooking up with someone instead of the auto text saying ew get off me.

Ah well maybe next time.

AnimeMint

#11 Post by AnimeMint » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:35 am

I really liked Heileen but I also had problems with different endings.I still haven't reached Lora's.
*checks advice and runs of to play heileen*