New Game - Kudos 2

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

New Game - Kudos 2

#1 Post by hanako » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Another new game that Cute Knight / Summer Session fans might enjoy.

Kudos is a game about balancing different demands on your life - trying to advance in your career, trying to learn new skills, trying to keep all your friends happy with you, trying to make new friends... all to become rich, successful, and popular. You can download a trial version to check out here.

(Since the general opinion seemed to be 'meh', I took down the links to that other RPG.)

Naiomi666

so

#2 Post by Naiomi666 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:04 pm

so i bought that game and here is my opinion:

If you hadn't bought the first game yet then i think it is a good investment because the game is quite fun and it can take up a lot of your time.

However, since i had played the first game i was disappointed that there wasn't more features implemented. So if you already bought the first game I'm not sure if i can say say that this game is that different. Sometimes i felt like i bought the same product(kudos 1) again.

It is a good game though and if you hadn't played the first then by all means by it, better than the first with more options and different graphics but if you bought kudos 1 then try out the demo before you buy the game.

RedSocialKnight

#3 Post by RedSocialKnight » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:01 am

I really like the way friendship mechanics are implemented. I'd be interested in seeing how a similar system could be adapted to a game that really told a story and developed relationships with the friends rather than just using them to determine your stat growth.

lill_sweetty

#4 Post by lill_sweetty » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:23 am

The creator made clear it was less a sequel and more an improvement. That said, improved he did. The graphics were great, bright and energetic, there were more game options, and hidden surprises. The characters' friends were great too, more reactions. ^^ I also loved that the skills were so complex! And the character doll to the side was nice to see and customize as well, just for the heck of it.

Add that to its replayability and modding abilities (check out positech's website/forum and many more options will open up for you). Indie gamemakers are also great in that they listen to FEEDBACK. Cliffski is continually adding new features and patches (sadly, I have to say the game is rather glitchy, but it's being fixed), listening to complaints and refunding if necessary. He seems generally a nice guy and definitely worth supporting. ^^

-Rant off-

Kunnaki

#5 Post by Kunnaki » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 pm

For some reason, I can't play Kudos 2 on my computer, cause it constantly freezes and messes up. Besides, after seeing some displays from how it looks, I think I'll stick to Kudos 1 and Kudos: Rock Legend.

Midnighticequeen

#6 Post by Midnighticequeen » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:07 pm

I played the demo and I liked it. It can quickly consume my time if I'm not careful :D but I haven't played Kudos 1 so I don't know if it was a huge improvement or not

deadgraceful

#7 Post by deadgraceful » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I really like the Positech games, particularly the democracy series which are one of the most convincing sims I've ever seen in terms of accuracy. They're kind of educational.

I like Kudos 2 better than 1, just because the graphics are much stronger and there's more complexity with the friendships and stats. But I can't play it for too long or I start to feel like I am wasting my life, playing someone else's. Why sit down and do a crossword in the game or go for a walk in the park when I can do that in the real world? (But isn't that the way with all games? You know you have other things to do but you just can't stop playing them.)

I agree that a bit more purpose to the relationships (more than just using them to get ahead) would be nice. But it seems the way with Sims-style games that the relationships are just a means to get a better job... I think that says something a bit sad about how the developers view the world really.

Esphirisa

#8 Post by Esphirisa » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:21 pm

It's my personal opinion that Kudos 2 was better than 1. More functions, more interesting, but still with the basic stuff - jobs, relationships... but sometimes I really find it tough to balance work and friendships in the game. I guess that's the point. :lol: