new anime RPG to download

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

new anime RPG to download

#1 Post by hanako » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:06 pm

As you may have noticed on the Other Games page, I've got a link up to a new game - Laxius Force. I haven't actually had a chance to play it yet, so I can't tell you a whole lot about it, but I'm working on it.

Same kind of gameplay style as Aveyond - that is, old-school Japanese console RPG - but the art and story style is much more "sexed up" for guys, so approach with that warning. :)

Yuki

Re: new anime RPG to download

#2 Post by Yuki » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 pm

hanako wrote:As you may have noticed on the Other Games page, I've got a link up to a new game - Laxius Force. I haven't actually had a chance to play it yet, so I can't tell you a whole lot about it, but I'm working on it.
I'll save you the hassle.

Considering that it's a commercial release, it's awful. I don't know about "sexed up" (I didn't play it long enough to find out; ten minutes was about all I could take), but the dialogue leaves much to be desired. Within the first five minutes, I was greeted with the following:
Undead, are you sure the two of us only is needed to explore the place?
Why are you even so little trained?
I do not enter this kind of explanations usually. I told you I know my business.
Maybe you owe me some kind of…deeper explanations, then?
Why did the lord of skeltons(sic) curse you?
I am used to explore this kind of place.
As a resulf(sic) of your imprudence,
It's okay if you're looking for a few unintentional laughs, but personally I'd avoid it like the plague until a better-written version comes out.

lill_sweetty

#3 Post by lill_sweetty » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:21 am

Yes, for something Aveyond-ish, it's actually pretty bad, and not as girl-friendly as I wish. I sort of quit too...

There are LOTS of Aveyond-like games out there that just rocks, and is worth your time. Some of them is... Free!! In fact, I'll be making a post about them....

silverambrosia10

#4 Post by silverambrosia10 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm

I liked this game well enough, but not as much as Aveyond. And there is a lot of sex in it. For example, you get special options for the main girl walking around almost naked and experience when you choose sexy options. And the beginning of the game is really random and boring. Once you get to the main characters it is better. I also played this game because it looked like other games I loved, but I felt it was good enough to play inbetween better games :)

fallowdeer1

#5 Post by fallowdeer1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks to those with info. A good review can definitely save people from a bad purchase.