Summer Session help thread

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Summer Session help thread

#1 Post by hanako » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Since catching all the girls can be tricky, this can be a thread to trade tips on the game, rather than keeping such discussion hidden away in the Secrets zone.

Or not. As you wish. :)

phoenixgirl

#2 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:39 am

I bought the game yesterday and I must say that so far, it's pretty challenging, which is a good thing. :wink:

I was wondering...How can I pass the final exam? I can always pass the midterm but never the final. Thus, I can't get the special endings. :?
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Post by hanako » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:14 am

There's two ways:

If you have high smarts (about 70 I think) and low stress, you'll automatically pass the final.

Otherwise, you still have a chance of passing if you are either really lucky as a player or have a good Luck score as a character. You can pass the final without having ever studied if you've got luck on your side.

In either case, you want low stress, so it's important to make sure you rest before the exam. Similarly, you need to manage your stress through the whole game so that you don't Fail in class too much.

phoenixgirl

#4 Post by phoenixgirl » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:42 am

Thanks. I'm able to pass the final exam now without a problem. :)

I was wondering if there are any special hints for getting the Rachel ending. Rachel is the red-head, I think. I always get the message that if the guy was really cool. It makes me wonder how high of a cool level I need in order for him to help Rachel at that game.

Naiomi666

tanya

#5 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:57 am

i found Tanya's ending to be the easiest so far. All you have to do is have enough strength then you go on a date and take her to a sports bar, but can you have a second date with her?

Also how would i have enough coolness so be with Rachel. i can never seem to have enough coolness when i meet her when i go partying. Should i go partying every night until i see her or should i buy items that make me cool.

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:58 am

The first party-meeting with Rachel is just a hint that you need Cool to catch her - if you have enough Cool you'll meet her another time when you're partying after that.

You can do it either by items or by partying a lot.

phoenixgirl

#7 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks, hanako. I'm still trying to get the Rachel ending but I'll do my best. :)

Just a couple of other questions.

Any special tips on getting the Emma ending? I figured that Mario would be involved in it but it sounds complicated getting her. :?

And I noticed that there are 6 special endings but there are only 5 girls that the player can be paired up with. So does that mean that if we get the 5 girls, the sixth one is automatically unlocked?

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:59 am

One's a bonus picture that will automatically unlock at a certain point, yes. (Five doesn't really fit neatly into a gallery)

As for Emma, you're on the right track, it does have to do with Mario...

phoenixgirl

#9 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:14 am

Thanks. I shall try again. This game is challenging so far, which I like. :)

And at least I got the Tanya, Midori, and Jenny endings. :wink:

phoenixgirl

#10 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:11 pm

Sorry for the double posting here but I'm kind of desperate. :shock:

I've been really trying to get the Rachel ending. My strategy involves a lot of partying. However, if I do enough partying, my character doesn't have enough smarts or luck to pass the final exam. It's like I can get one or the other but not both.

Anyway, any strategies or recommendations on how to get the Rachel ending? I'd really appreciate it. :)

hanako
Site Admin

#11 Post by hanako » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Get the two Cool 'bonuses' from the cookout and Emmanuel.

Don't bother buying the clothing she likes on the first mall trip, those points aren't necessary and it uses up your time to get the money for it. If you're doing the partying path for Rachel you only need to work once to get the money for the real date.

Pass the midterm. If you fail it, you'll have trouble catching up in time while still being cool.

It may be wiser to try and get the date with Rachel to occur on the very last day of the game, so that you don't lose sleep the weekend before the final. Also, that way you can use the last Friday to Work for the money and not lose time in your studies.

phoenixgirl

#12 Post by phoenixgirl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:55 am

Thanks. I finally got the Rachel ending. I'll admit that it did take me quite a while. :)

Now on to Emma...She's the last one. I'll write the next things in white text so as not to spoil it for others.

I think that to get the Emma ending, the character and Mario would have to go on a double date with her? I got where the coach wants to recruit the character for a sports team but he recommends Mario. But I'm never able to tell Mario for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Mmm... I think you need to spend more time in your room after you talk to the coach, but I can't remember exactly when. Try setting it up so that you do Videogames the day after you have that conversation with the coach? I really don't remember exactly when you can pass on that information, but it's either going to be an evening or a weekend when you stay in your room.

eiriene

#14 Post by eiriene » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am

Ok, so I somehow managed to get the very last ending, where Emma, Mario and I all end up together. But I'm assuming that there's another Emma ending (that would go between Tanya and the threesome ending) in the gallery. Except I have no idea how to get it. =(

Any suggestions? I'm thinking I need to go on a date with Mario on Weekend #4, but I don't know how to get invited along. Or maybe there's something that I'm totally missing, but whatever it is, I can only get the "date" with Emma at the movie theater in the last week.

phoenixgirl

#15 Post by phoenixgirl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:29 am

Thanks. I got the Emma ending. :)

@eiriene:

Let's see...I got that ending but you don't need to get Emma to get that one. All you need to do is get the endings for the other ladies: Rachel, Midori, Jenny, and Tanya. If you're missing any of them, you should get them. :)