anime boys on your Nintendo DS

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Jinroh

#16 Post by Jinroh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Sara wrote:Actually, here you can't find any mangas at all :cry: )
That's really uncool. Is it a deal with censorship or lack of localization? Either way that is really no fun for anybody.
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

Sara

#17 Post by Sara » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, you can find the basics. Naruto, Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, Nana (all in english and/or french)... But if you're looking for less-known mangas, then you're out of luck! There is a small BD-shop in the town where I study, but you can barely find any mangas there.

Jinroh

#18 Post by Jinroh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:37 pm

Ah, I see.

That's about how it is where I live. The book stores have a lot of the more mainstream manga. Some more obscure ones, but a lot of the more obscure ones I like get pulled from shelves pretty quickly due to small production runs I suppose.

Cute Avatar BTW, ^_^
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

Sara

#19 Post by Sara » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Jinroh wrote:Cute Avatar BTW, ^_^
Thank you, I drew it from scratch. ;) I love creating anime characters. :oops:
Your's is cute too. :D

And yeah, it kind of pisses me off how the only manga collections I have got are mainstream. I mean, when you are looking for western comics, they are so much easier to find! But that's okay, I collect Donald Duck comics as well. :D I have been thinking about buying manga online (I do want Vampire Knight a lot!!!) but the shipping costs are too much. :cry:

Jinroh

#20 Post by Jinroh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Sara wrote:Thank you, I drew it from scratch. ;) I love creating anime characters. :oops:
Your's is cute too. :D
Thanks for commenting on my avatar, I like Izuna the Unemployed Ninja :D love that title. She's a cute Konoichi, too bad I didn't create her. ;) or I could be raking in from her popularity. Oh well. I had to resize it was a filesize larger than the forum would allow.

Wow, you have quite good art/computer inking skills. As well as an amazing grasp of Anime style. Any particular Anime that you mimicked to get yourself started.

Personally for me it was Dragonball Z I really like Akira Toriyama's style though his characters for other anime and games look like rehashed versions of characters from the Dragonball series. Just look at Blue Dragon or Chrono Trigger. :(

That was about 6th Grade, then in about 9th I started evolving art-wise. I made my own 'style' which is very Anime inspired but decidedly western influenced at the same time with at dark grittiness to it. The influence was probably most done by games like Killer 7 and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. I digress it seems I'm getting off on a tangent here. Enough about the tiresome tirade of words that is my art history.

To sum it up your art is graphically superior to mine Anime-wise, but I'm no good at Computer Inking and Such. I use g-pens and coloured pencils primarily so that could be why. I do like the look though. My wife is less of an Anime artist, she is schooled in the more formal western art styles of realism and more mute colours. She is heavily influenced by Degas and the fashion industry. So she has a very interesting style and is quite more talented than I. She has a much better grasp of the human figure and can draw arbitrary poses whereas I struggle a bit more. ;)

Again I rant. Forgive the rudness. I would like to hear about your art history however as I do find hearing them very interesting.
Sara wrote: And yeah, it kind of pisses me off how the only manga collections I have got are mainstream. I mean, when you are looking for western comics, they are so much easier to find! But that's okay, I collect Donald Duck comics as well. :D I have been thinking about buying manga online (I do want Vampire Knight a lot!!!) but the shipping costs are too much. :cry:
It is a shame though I can understand shipping to Portugal would be a bit of a haul and hard on the old purse strings. :( My colllection is mostly mainstream as well. The most obscure I have is...Judas or Moon..something or other that is a very Yaoi looking Manga about Vampire boys and such. It's cute, but a bit confusing at times. Any favorite series that you own? Mine would have to be Hyper Police or Wolf's Rain. Love furries. :D

Donald Duck comics, that's pretty cool. I've not read any, but I bet they would be a fun read. I used to collect Sonic the Hedgehog back in the day, but those times have long since past now that the storyline is insane. :D

Perhaps we should continue this conversation through PMs as I believe I just majorly hijacked this thread. :( Sorry Hanako.

Sara

#21 Post by Sara » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 pm

Oh, you're too nice. I'm not that good. I still try to improve every single day. And no, I don't mimick any particular artist. I have been sketching anime characters in various poses since I was 4 or 5 years old. :lol:

Thanks for the compliments though, they really mean a lot. As I mentioned, I do want to work for Hanako Games someday, so that's my goal. :D

Jinroh

#22 Post by Jinroh » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:10 am

Sara wrote:Oh, you're too nice. I'm not that good. I still try to improve every single day. And no, I don't mimick any particular artist. I have been sketching anime characters in various poses since I was 4 or 5 years old. :lol:

Thanks for the compliments though, they really mean a lot. As I mentioned, I do want to work for Hanako Games someday, so that's my goal. :D
Wow!! 4 or 5 that's amazing. I drew like garbage up until like 9th Grade. :D

I see, well yes, your work doesn't really seem to be like any Manga-ka's style that I've seen so yes I can see why you don't mimic any style lol. Your amazing on your own. I'll have to get a scanner and put up some of mine and my wife's art sometime.

I think at the rate your going if Hanako expands she'd be foolish not to pick you up as an artist. :p

lill_sweetty

#23 Post by lill_sweetty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:44 pm

I like your style, Sara. That being said, I think it is very very manga-inspired, especially because my manga list is basically all shojo. lol.

It reminds me a lot of Beauty Pop mixed with some Kimi ni Todoke...and a lit bit of Arina Tanemura too, with the big eyes, but not half as flashy and much smaller in size (aka no huge head).

I like it. It's mainstream but still really unique. And I have to say, expression well-done, and by the way, really really good coloring. I think I revere colorists more than I do artists (which is saying a lot already, because artists really are very amazing.)
Last edited by lill_sweetty on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sara

#24 Post by Sara » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Well, if you were trying to make me blush, you succeeded. :oops:

But this is getting off-topic, so we should stop here. :wink:

Biawog

#25 Post by Biawog » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:17 am

Wow.how come you find all these great games?It's pure luck if I find something interesting :? ...I think I will try that D.Nd:Posoned game...I'm not really fan of yaoi,I kind of prefer yuri xD.
Wow,Sara,you're from Portugal :O???I'm from Brazil!You say that there aren't lots of mangas or anime stuff in Portugal?That's just so wrong and no fun >_>!!!!!!Here in Brazil,you can find mangas in lots of magazines shops (I don't know if that is the term x_x...),but none in librarys and stuff...It's amazing how we can find people so far away but so close by internet :D!

Biawog

#26 Post by Biawog » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:26 am

Um...sorry,it dosen't seem like I can play the game,my system dosen't have one of the requirements or something like that...And I so won't ask my dad to download that thing so I can play a yaoi game x_x.My dad will have a fit if I show him the reason why I wanna him to do so.Not that he has anything against homo relations,but I think it would be kind of embarassing to show him this stuff.So sorry!But the game looked really great!I saw some screenshots and I felt like playing!