currently playing?

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
MONIK_11

currently playing?

#1 Post by MONIK_11 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:26 pm

hy! i just want to know what are u currently playing?

Purple

#2 Post by Purple » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:28 am

PM5,La corda d'oro ~primo passo~ and Final Fantasy xII.
You?

Jinroh

#3 Post by Jinroh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:44 pm

Me -
DS:
Mechassault: Phantom War (Last Mission So Cheap!!)
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja

My Wife -
DS:
Gunpey
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Both of us -
Xbox:
Toejam & Earl III: Mission To Earth

@Purple, FFXII my brother raved about that game and then traded in his PS2 for a PS3. :D
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

Sara

#4 Post by Sara » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Right now... Let's see...

Virtual Villagers 3
Wonderland Online
Fatal Hearts (again :oops:)

Jinroh

#5 Post by Jinroh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:15 pm

Good list Sara,

Fatal Hearts, is always a great choice. :D

Virtual Villagers 3 not played that sequel, but I've played the first and it was good.
The wolf and his mate howl, taking solace in the silver moon. Pressing ever foreward to see what the future holds.

Sara

#6 Post by Sara » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Thank you! :D

I really enjoy playing Virtual Villagers, it reminds me of the Survival Kids games (that I loved dearly when I was a kid). This sequel so far is really great. :D

Jinroh

#7 Post by Jinroh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:42 pm

Your welcome!

I'm glad the sequel is enjoyable too.

I've not heard of the Survival Kids games, I'll have to dig around and see what I can find.

Enjoy ^_^

lill_sweetty

#8 Post by lill_sweetty » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:50 pm

I'm playing:

-Ever 17
-Jojo's Fashion Show 2
(This game rocks! I love the couture lines the best, because for some reason, that's the easiest for me to get high-scoring points for. But there's only one real couture line -Pirate gypsy- in the sequel. The last one had loads of punk and goth loli inspired clothing.)
-The Sims Complete edition
(My old computer can't take Sims 2, which sucks. T_T So I'm stuck with the old one.)

Jinroh

#9 Post by Jinroh » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:12 pm

lill_sweetty wrote:I'm playing:

-Ever 17
-Jojo's Fashion Show 2
(This game rocks! I love the couture lines the best, because for some reason, that's the easiest for me to get high-scoring points for. But there's only one real couture line -Pirate gypsy- in the sequel. The last one had loads of punk and goth loli inspired clothing.)
-The Sims Complete edition
(My old computer can't take Sims 2, which sucks. T_T So I'm stuck with the old one.)
Ever17 looks really cool. I'll have to look into it more. I loves the visual novels.

Jojo's Fashion Show 2 from the reviews I read it is looked upon favorably my wife is a kinda homebrew designer who wants to break into the fashion industry so perhaps I'll show this to her. On that note Couture that is a word I should know from watching America's Next Top Model, but can't put my finger on it. :D

The Sims, my wife loves the Sims, I've not played too much, but it was interesting to watch on the occassions I got the opportunity.

Nice list, lill sweetty.

Sara

#10 Post by Sara » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 pm

Ever 17 is my favourite pc game ever. I didn't leave my house for 6/7 days until I finished Coco's path (the true ending). Actually, I left once, I had to go under eye surgery and that pissed me off. :lol: That game still amazes me nowadays. It has got one of the best stories I have ever witnessed.

You definitely have to play it!!

Jinroh

#11 Post by Jinroh » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:15 am

Sara wrote:Ever 17 is my favourite pc game ever. I didn't leave my house for 6/7 days until I finished Coco's path (the true ending). Actually, I left once, I had to go under eye surgery and that pissed me off. :lol: That game still amazes me nowadays. It has got one of the best stories I have ever witnessed.

You definitely have to play it!!
Wow, that's really convincing. I'll have to pick it up when my checking account gets some more $$. :D Wow, what did you need eye surgery for? Are your eyes ok, well I guess you're drawing and reading so they must be but ok...I'll calm down. :D

I'll really have to play it now though.

Sara

#12 Post by Sara » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:34 am

No, lol, I had a meibomian cyst. Nothing is wrong with my eyes fortunately. ;)
And yes, you really really have to play it! But prepare yourself, the bad endings are stupidly sad. :D You have to play it together with your wife, honestly, she'll love it. :D
Ah, I still remember I even dreamt about the game at night. xD The "life readings" stuff was disturbing as hell. xD

Jinroh

#13 Post by Jinroh » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Sara wrote:No, lol, I had a meibomian cyst. Nothing is wrong with my eyes fortunately. ;)
And yes, you really really have to play it! But prepare yourself, the bad endings are stupidly sad. :D You have to play it together with your wife, honestly, she'll love it. :D
Ah, I still remember I even dreamt about the game at night. xD The "life readings" stuff was disturbing as hell. xD
Well, I'm glad it was nothing too serious.

As far as Ever 17 it looks gorgeous, and $18 on Play-Asia isn't bad at all price-wise I'll have to pick it up after I get another copy of No More Heroes in a few weeks. Then my wife and I can play the heck out of it. My darn brother traded in our Wii for a PS3 so I must now purchase another. -_-

lill_sweetty

#14 Post by lill_sweetty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:00 pm

As far as Ever 17 it looks gorgeous, and $18 on Play-Asia isn't bad at all price-wise I'll have to pick it up after I get another copy of No More Heroes in a few weeks
Yes yes, play it! It really has very good music, art, and plot. If any game has a better plot than Fatal Hearts, this is it. Mind you, it's still very sad, but realistic and grounded in reality with some funny moments as well even though it's talking about impossible things. Like, an exploration of the pain and happiness of life. It starts of slow, but when it starts...It's just amazing. I cried when I got the bad ending with Tsugumi. Even the good ending made me cry. But it's also very uplifting and hopeful and not angsty-angsty. I mean, there's pain, but the way they deal with life and their situation is very inspiring. And it's great food for thought. It's not about romance, more about uncovering the mystery of LeMu and thinking along the way.

I really can't wait to get the "True Ending." But before than..have to go through more bad and bittersweet endings. *sobs*

As for Jojo's Fashion Show, it's like a mixture of time management and strategic game with some really great fashion. Couture...is more about setting trends, and going "out there" and hand sewing. The designs fit only models or specifically for one model. It's almost over-the-top and new, and extremely meticulous and is meant to inspire (This is the explanation I got through America's Next Top Model, and the manga Paradise Kiss). It's not stuff normal people would wear. Unless, of course, you're into Japanese lolita clothing and cosplaying. What flashed through my mind when I was playing the couture levels of Jojo's Fashion Show was "That'd make a great cosplaying outfit." XD
Me too...I dreamed about the really disturbing stuff, like all of them dying and the pic with You drowned in blood. *shudders*
Last edited by lill_sweetty on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jinroh

#15 Post by Jinroh » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:29 pm

lill_sweetty wrote: Yes yes, play it! It really has very good music, art, and plot. If any game has a better plot than Fatal Hearts, this is it. Mind you, it's still very sad, but realistic and grounded in reality with some funny moments as well even though it's talking about impossible things.

Uh-oh...I'm not good with things that are sad. Or happy. I'm the soft hearted crying type. I start crying every time I see a wedding scene or something like that. :D So I'll have to be careful.
lill_sweetty wrote: As for Jojo's Fashion Show, it's like a mixture of time management and strategic game with some really great fashion. Couture is more about setting trends, and going "out there" and hand sewing. The designs fit only models or specifically for one model. It's almost over-the-top and new, and extremely meticulous and is meant to inspire (This is the explanation I got through America's Next Top Model, and the manga Paradise Kiss). It's not stuff normal people would wear. Unless, of course, you're into Japanese lolita clothing and cosplaying. What flashed through my mind when I was playing the couture levels of Jojo's Fashion Show was "That'd make a great cosplaying outfit." XD
Ah Sounds really cool. I think my wife would really like that. She's always looking for deeper games that fufill her hobbys and such. I think I'd like it to give it a go as well. :) I love Lolita style I just wish I was a girl so I could wear a lot of cool Lolita outfits. :( Oh well, lol. I can still look pretty cool. :D Thanks as well for that description of Couture. I appreciate it as I forgot to ask my wife last night what it meant.
lill_sweetty wrote:Me too...I dreamed about the really disturbing stuff, like all of them dying and the pic with You drowned in blood. *shudders*
Oooh sounds nice and disturbing, like Killer 7 which is a great game if you've not played it. Very dark, gritty, a political satire, Cel-shaded, nice cutscenes, good story, thought provoking, very anime inspired, but very disturbing. Most of all though it is not a traditional game in terms of gameplay which I love. :D Great game though, one of my favorites. Check out this cool Killer 7 inspired VGCats wallpaper (which is again one of my favorite wall papers) http://www.vgcats.com/gallery/killer7_800.jpg if you need convincing.

I'll really have to pick up Ever 17 now. :D