Blue Rose - Fantasy Otome Game

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Blue Rose - Fantasy Otome Game

#1 Postby hanako » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:11 am

This has been in development for a long time but only recently came out of beta. It's a visual novel about a female knight (Templar) in a fantasy world filled with dragons and silver-haired boys. There are five datable options and ten endings.

More information, screenshots, promo video, and downloadable demos here

There aren't a lot of people talking about this game yet, so please, add your comments if you give it a try!

biscuit

Re: Blue Rose - Fantasy Otome Game

#2 Postby biscuit » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 am

I liked the demo; some typos here and there, but over all seems very well written. The art is pretty good (occasionally a little 'off', but still pretty good) and I like having a strong female lead who is assertive and more than just a blank slate for the player. (I realize this runs counter to some of what I love about roleplaying games, but this is a NOVEL more than a game, if that makes any sense.)

Anyone else who actually bought and played it? I am curious about how the 'unlockable ministories' work, or how according to the blog, certain paths only open up after beating the game.

frederic09

#3 Postby frederic09 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:30 pm

I liked the demo, but sadly i won't buy the game now.

I'm tired to pay more with the extra VAT, so i'll wait for a promotion/discount.

4$ with this, 4$ with that, at the end it's a lot, i have less possibilities to buy another nice indie games.
Silence is more of the Unknown than the world could tell.

Hazel

#4 Postby Hazel » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 pm

If I ever manage to get a job... Well, it won't bump Solstice off my list, but it's something to think about.

rooke

#5 Postby rooke » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 pm

Downloaded demo, will give it a whirl. Looks short but otherwise interesting.

rooke

#6 Postby rooke » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:12 pm

It's a nice looking VN, but the prose is awkward. Very, very awkward. And sometimes confusing. Nothing a couple of revisions wouldn't fix, but as it stands now I couldn't recommend it.

I only lasted 5 minutes before I deleted it (I tend to do that if I don't like a person's writing style) so I can't comment on character design, or gameplay (if there is any,) or what the worldbuilding is like.

Return to “Affiliate Games”