Suggestion to Hanako

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Panda

Suggestion to Hanako

#1 Postby Panda » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this is on the wrong place but I wasn't sure where to post this.

Have you ever considered putting your games in indie bundles, or making a bundle of your own? I've understood they do extremely well financially, plus it would be a way to introduce your stuff to a wider public. Most people haven't even heard of your games, but indie bundles are really popular and all bundles get into mailing lists and blogs with a really wide circulation. It could make a real difference to Hanako!

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I've understood they do extremely well financially

... Probably because you've only heard of the most popular ones. And those popular bundles do not accept any game that wants to be in them.

all bundles get into mailing lists and blogs with a really wide circulation

This really, really isn't the case.

Basically, I'm not answering this to pick on you, but to point out that if you ever think you have an 'easy' answer, you're probably missing something. :)

There may be bundles someday or there may not. Various negotiations go on behind the scenes a lot. So far nothing has actually worked out.

Panda

#3 Postby Panda » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:04 am

Hey, it's just a suggestion. I know getting into the big bundles is not that easy. Winter Wolves games made a bundle for their own games, so have some other small indie devs. Would it be possible to make a joint bundle with Winter Wolves, Aldorlea or some other similar indie devs? Aldorlea has had a couple of their games in Groupees bundles and I suppose it's done them well since they've repeat that.

Return to “Affiliate Games”