Spirited Heart: Girl's Love

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
Hazel

#31 Postby Hazel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Which one do you recommend most? I saw that a lot of their newer stuff is sequels, so I'm not sure how much sense they make if you jump right in.

Franka

#32 Postby Franka » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 am

I think Loren is the best game, by far, from Winter Wolves. It has a bit of a fan service graphics issue though, but for both story and gameplay, it's the best there is.

I also enjoyed Bionic Heart, but that's certainly not for everyone.

But really, try getting the demos, they're fairly generous in letting you try out a good deal of what the games offer, and in the case of Spirited Heart, you pretty much see exactly what the entire game will be like from the demo.

biscuit

#33 Postby biscuit » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Jumping on with same recommendations as Franka: really, try the demos.

It depends on what you want. Loren is my favorite (even with some questionable clothing designs), but if you are looking more for a dating-sim type experience, Flower Shop is very good.

I admit I loved the original Spirited Heart expansion, but from what has been shown/hinted at so far, I'll like Spirited Heart 2 better. (the original was one of the first sims I ever played, so I was much less of a critic! *grin*)

Hazel

#34 Postby Hazel » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 am

I tried a little of Heileen, and found the protagonist and overall tone very much not to my taste.

Spirited Heart had some elements that were really appealing and some that were repetitive, frustrating or distracting. I also found the quality and tone of the dialogue pretty inconsistent, although it had a few laugh-out-loud moments that I appreciated. It feels a little like a first draft that needs to be revisited, in some ways.

Loren was pretty interesting. I didn't get very into it because I am usually more interested in story than in RPG game mechanics. The character dynamics seemed like they could be a lot of fun, but managing inventory and such was a hassle that I just wasn't in the mood for.

I think I'll play the Always Remember Me demo next.

Franka

#35 Postby Franka » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:03 pm

For Loren, you can just play on the easiest setting and not worry very much about the RPG aspects.

Hazel

#36 Postby Hazel » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:22 am

In case anyone is interested by on the fence, Winter Wolves is having a 40% Easter sale right now on a huge bunch of games. See here.

zodiac_sign

Re: Spirited Heart: Girl's Love

#37 Postby zodiac_sign » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Is the girls version better than the guy version? If so why?

Miakoda

#38 Postby Miakoda » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:00 pm

zodiac_sign wrote:Is the girls version better than the guy version? If so why?

The girl's version is usually considered the better of the two for the simple reason there were two different writers. The one who did the Spirited Heart Girls' Edition also did the writing for Heileen 3 Sea Maidens (the Yuri addition to Heileen 3), I believe.

The same writer is also tapped to write Spirited Heart 2. Number 2 isn't a sequel in the traditional sense, but it will be a replacement. It will have one writer, and more characters, more dialogues, and less grinding (grinding in the sense of trying to raise stats such as skills or attributes).

And there is a sale currently at 50% for the next day or two for Winter Wolf Games.

Emma E.

#39 Postby Emma E. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:43 pm

Are there any signature Hanako hax/a debugging console?

hanako
Site Admin

#40 Postby hanako » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:06 pm

Well, since I didn't write it, there wouldn't be any Hanako signatures! :)

Emma E.

#41 Postby Emma E. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

Hmmm. Are there a Hanako inspired hax?

Emma E.

#42 Postby Emma E. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:47 am

*any

Return to “Affiliate Games”