Lucky Rabbit Reflex!

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

Lucky Rabbit Reflex!

#1 Postby hanako » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:14 pm

This is a cool (and big!) game set in a school in England, which means a slightly different culture for most of us. Absolutely worth checking out!

Windows demo

Mac demo

Linux demo
Last edited by hanako on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Naiomi666

#2 Postby Naiomi666 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:17 am

It's finally released! I just bought it and i think it's going to be really good, but I'll post a quick review about it when i am done.

http://www.luckyrabbitreflex.com/

Naiomi666

ok

#3 Postby Naiomi666 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:26 am

OK so i played the game 3 times and all I can say is that it's awesome. It's a big game and there is a lot of things to do. It takes me over an hour to just get over one route and the guys are interesting(though Marius is my favorite so i would recommend that you do him last so none of the guys pale in comparison.)

ShiverGirl

Re: ok

#4 Postby ShiverGirl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Naiomi666 wrote:OK so i played the game 3 times and all I can say is that it's awesome. It's a big game and there is a lot of things to do. It takes me over an hour to just get over one route and the guys are interesting(though Marius is my favorite so i would recommend that you do him last so none of the guys pale in comparison.)

Sorry. I've been playing the game myself...It is so much fun. :D But now I'm getting frustrated because the game seems to REFUSE to play smoothly and let me get Per's best ending. SO annoyed at that. But the rest if fine, Shuppin path is little.... tiring but it was a lot of fun.

Benazir

#5 Postby Benazir » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:49 pm

I bought "Lucky Rabbit Reflex!" yesterday. And I can't stop playing. It's so addicting! :D

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Postby hanako » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Moving/bumping this thread now that we have links available. :)

Now I just need to find some time to play it!

If you're already in the game and stuck hunting for endings, there is a walkthrough here.

Benazir

#7 Postby Benazir » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:21 am

I like humour in the game. Especially the way guys speak about clothes of my heroine.

I definitely enjoy the play :D

perch

#8 Postby perch » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:59 am

I impulse bought it. I'm super slow though apparently I've played about four hours and only gotten through half a school year on my first play through. I'm pursuing Rhett.

Overall I'm enjoying it, but the repetitive nature of the weekly schedule (there only seems to be so many lines of text) and the date dialogs are really throwing me off (really every single movie/coffee date has to be the same exact dialog Rhett? For a man who prides himself on his reading/brain you are a one trick pony my dear).

But I'll freely admit I might be totally doing it wrong and pursing Rhett too often to the exclusion of seeing/meeting other people. And I had to get used to the fact that I could scroll text back, but I better make damn sure I saved at decision points because I couldn't scroll back to play the other path (not used to that in more recent ren'py games).

The characters are interesting and I like the overall setting and special event dialogs. The art is also cute. I'm intrigued enough to already know who I want to try and pursue next, but I don't know if I care enough to want to try and get all the endings.

So I don't regret the impulse purchase, but I'm not in love with the game (I really wish there wasn't so much repetitiveness with the weekly schedule/dates that completely throws me out of the story).

Audio-Redux

#9 Postby Audio-Redux » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 pm

How do you get a character's relationship bar to go up?

GodaimeTsunade

#10 Postby GodaimeTsunade » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 pm

Just bought this and Magical Diary! I can't wait to play! ;DD
I know how where to get my birthday gifts from now on.
God bless Hanako Games and all of the working crew and their affilitates.

Spazzbunny

#11 Postby Spazzbunny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:57 am

Been playing the game for a week now whenever I can find the time, and I've gotten everyone's Best Ending aside from Beck's. I gotta say that I really like it. The characters are well thought out, cute, and I enjoyed all of the paths I've played so far. I suppose that the repetiveness can be tiring, but that's usually solved by taking it slow with the dates and going to a variety of places. The special events are also all very sweet from those I've seen, though it's a good idea to use the creator's CG guide in order to trigger all of them. I personally love it. The only fault I've found is that the vast majority of the CGs are just face shots, and I like more variety. Of course, that's just a personal thing. ^^ I'd reccomend the game for sure.

DarthSnuggles

#12 Postby DarthSnuggles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:55 am

I am SO glad I followed that link! I had just run out of stuff to unlock on Magical Diary and was casting about for something new to play...Needless to say, I'm a total convert to LRR! I still love MD like burning, but at least playing (and replaying) Lucky Rabbit Reflex will help me endure the wait until Wolf Hall happens.

I'm really fond of most of the guys (except Perth, he's just too...desperate) but Marius is my absolute favorite. (Rhett comes in as a very close second, though.)

I also really like that you can get Best Friend endings for the girls, especially for Dys and Petime, and the gifts they give you come in really handy on some of the more challenging romance paths. (I'm looking at you, Beck!) I think my favorite thing, though, is how the characters' stories all weave around each other, so you kind of need to play through multiple times to find out everything about your favorite NPCs.

Benazir

#13 Postby Benazir » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:18 pm

DarthSnuggles wrote:I'm really fond of most of the guys (except Perth, he's just too...desperate) but Marius is my absolute favorite.

I loved them all! :oops:
But .... Rhett is my fave. And Beck too ( I especially like his jealousy in the Dual End... :wink: ).

DarthSnuggles

#14 Postby DarthSnuggles » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 pm

Benazir wrote:
DarthSnuggles wrote:I'm really fond of most of the guys (except Perth, he's just too...desperate) but Marius is my absolute favorite.

I loved them all! :oops:
But .... Rhett is my fave. And Beck too ( I especially like his jealousy in the Dual End... :wink: ).

Rhett is definitely the second on my list of favorites. Beck is kind of near the bottom for me, since he's so HARD to please! It really feels like you have to follow him around and beg for his attention, which kind of turns me off of his character.

I have to admit that I do really like him in the dual ending with Rhett, though; his remark when you catch him at the gate always makes me laugh, like "jealous much, Beck?" I think it's a more humanizing ending for him, since he gets a taste of his own medicine.

But yeah, if I had to rank them, I think for me it'd be Marius, Rhett, Secret Character, Shuppin, Beck, and then Perth. Because Perth makes me feel like a cradle-robber. (I still got all his endings, though, because I'm a completionist nutjob.)

I really love the girls' endings, too, especially the ones with Petime and Lamb.

Honestly, I kinda just love the game, period.

Benazir

#15 Postby Benazir » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:38 pm

especially the ones with Petime and Lamb.

Me too. :)

Return to “Affiliate Games”