(split topic) Princess Maker

For discussion of games by other creators such as Aveyond and Spirited Heart.
hanako
Site Admin

(split topic) Princess Maker

#1 Postby hanako » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Moving this conversation out of the other forum since it's about other games.

---

Princess Maker 2 Refine is available legally in English now, though it was translated by totally different people and has DIFFERENT bugs.

Bloody Vikings

Re: Current Status - 2017

#2 Postby Bloody Vikings » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:11 pm

How bad on a scale of 1 to "Must apply thermite to my motherboard to stop this madness" would you rate the new bugs?
So, I suppose, NEW BOOBS are a strong draw, but over time, better story wins out. -Hanako

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 pm

I haven't actually bought it. The main complaint I've heard is something about the ending letter from your daughter getting skipped or not translated or something.

I bought the PM Memorial Box in Japanese many years ago, partly to cover any sense of guilt on my part over having played the old DOS version, partly so I could attempt to force-translate more games. I made some progress with PM1 and PM4, PM3 was impenetrable to me at the time. The people doing the new official translations have only released 1, 2, and 3, and I've only bought 3 so far because it was the one game I never got to play at all. I heard 3 was super-buggy on first launch, but by the time I played it the bugs weren't bad other than achievements firing off at random. Translation's dodgy at times but I have a high tolerance for that, I've been around engrish a long time!

phoenixgirl

Topic Split - Princess Maker

#4 Postby phoenixgirl » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:54 pm

I've bought PM 1 and 2 on Steam although not 3 due to financial issues. I haven't had a chance to play either yet but I did read that there were translation issues and bug issues like hanako stated. I heard that for PM 3, it was pretty bad and I even messaged the publishers about it and offered to help but they never got back to me. That is a problem with some Korean devs/publishers, though. From what I've observed, they're not willing to acknowledge their flaws when it comes to English translation. :roll:
Please help and support me here.

KitCat

#5 Postby KitCat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:35 am

phoenixgirl wrote:I've bought PM 1 and 2 on Steam although not 3 due to financial issues. I haven't had a chance to play either yet but I did read that there were translation issues and bug issues like hanako stated. I heard that for PM 3, it was pretty bad and I even messaged the publishers about it and offered to help but they never got back to me. That is a problem with some Korean devs/publishers, though. From what I've observed, they're not willing to acknowledge their flaws when it comes to English translation. :roll:

Are that Pm2 at with these "english" version thinks or not?
Are you think also that Pm1 is easier get good points? Example at cruch not put stress?
Anyway... We
hanako wrote:Princess Maker 2 Refine is available legally in English now, though it was translated by totally different people and has DIFFERENT bugs.
Are it with again these Beta/cheat shops?

phoenixgirl

#6 Postby phoenixgirl » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 am

KitCat wrote:Are that Pm2 at with these "english" version thinks or not?
Are you think also that Pm1 is easier get good points? Example at cruch not put stress?

I don't really understand your questions but for the first one, I can't say since I actually haven't gotten around to playing it myself yet. I do have a copy of the game from Steam but I haven't gotten around to playing it. As for your second and third questions, again, I can't say since I haven't gotten around to playing it, either. I have read the posts on both forums as well as for the PM 3 forum and there have been complaints about the poor English translation. You'd think that the publishers would have thought to hire an editor ahead of time but I've found that some devs don't bother. They either use only an English translator or they even resort to Google Translate. Won't name any names but I can't respect any publisher who resorts to the latter.
Please help and support me here.

KitCat

#7 Postby KitCat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:43 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:
KitCat wrote:Are that Pm2 at with these "english" version thinks or not?

I don't really understand your questions but for the first one, I can't say since I actually haven't gotten around to playing it myself yet. I do have a copy of the game from Steam but I haven't gotten around to playing it. As for your second and third questions, again, I can't say since I haven't gotten around to playing it, either. I have read the posts on both forums as well as for the PM 3 forum and there have been complaints about the poor English translation. You'd think that the publishers would have thought to hire an editor ahead of time but I've found that some devs don't bother. They either use only an English translator or they even resort to Google Translate. Won't name any names but I can't respect any publisher who resorts to the latter.

Or them use them whose only hobby it, or company at critical money ( near bankgrupt ( i think that like happens that unlucky translation try at pm2, which are wery sad...

Are that Stream version without these cheat shops? If so, Lion was likely my suggest... ( Lion was most hp, but it was too soon that festival... Well... first time can use at rest... ) some are even less than 20 hp ... when Lion begind at already at 50 hp... one other was just 45.

KitCat

#8 Postby KitCat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:13 pm

rincewind wrote:
phoenixgirl wrote:
hanako wrote:Random note, it's interesting to see how poorly England Exchange has done in the thanksgiving sale vs its launch figures. It seems that, compared to ALLP, England Exchange had a bigger launch but a much faster dropoff. So, I suppose, NEW BOOBS are a strong draw, but over time, better story wins out.

Yup, I think having a good story is better than fanservice. I hope that more people will think so as well.

I heartily agree!!
Cuteness and story over fanservice for me!
(It's not that I don't want some fanservice, but when you go at the levels of Valkyrie Drive mermaid, you went too far, way too far. :lol: )

And I totally loves the name "Cute bite"! Can't wait to know more about the game.

Regarding Princess Maker.
1) The Steam version does not have the cheat stores.
2) The translation of the first one is... fine. But the whole game feels... 'rough'. I haven't played too much because feels like a huge downstep from PM2.
3) The translation of the second one is nice. Not spectacular, but not headache inducing. And I haven't found any issue, the end letter was translated and fine.
4) I haven't purchased the third one, yet.
5) I'm still like the worst parent ever. (Well, still better than Gendou Ikari...)

So, steam are that refine version. That´s natural . Princess Maker cam at before...
What is your best end pm2? Are youre succes put girl somewhat high and married that young?
Well... youre put that girl fight with bandits, that put own child fight with mutants...

Return to “Affiliate Games”