Piggy bank puzzle "glitch" & no music

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
faerirose

Piggy bank puzzle "glitch" & no music

#1 Postby faerirose » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:10 am

I can get the bill in the correct position, but when I raise it the 'running into the side of the the pig' sound repeats and won't stop and I can't move the hook anymore. I found a skip code and put that in but when I do I get an error that says:

COMPILATION ERROR in string to be executed
Error in code at line 1:

at position 3: Variable name expected
Abort Ignore

If I ignore, it goes back to the puzzle. If I abort it shuts the game down.

Sometime between Sunday and today the music disappeared. I don't have it running on any skip mode so it's not that. I have the starting menu music and sound effects, but that's it. Please let me know if I'll have to reinstall the game -_-;;;

Thanks,
Sarah

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Postby hanako » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:01 am

Have you used skip codes before? If not, are you sure you did it right? There are multiple steps to using the codes correctly and sometimes people miss one, and then they get errors. You don't just type the number into the first popup box, you have to type skip_puzzle() and hit enter first, then put the number into the SECOND box, when it prompts you for the code number.

I'm not sure why the music would stop playing, but I can't see why reinstalling would make any difference unless you actually deleted your sound directory which I don't think you did. Try turning it off and on in the options and then playing a while longer? Once it's been switched off and on it won't play again until a new song starts...

faerirose

Passed the puzzle

#3 Postby faerirose » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Ahhh you know your players well :) I, indeed, didn't do the cheat correctly. The puzzle is behind me and I'm ready to plug along on the endings.

Thanks
Sarah

Return to “Fatal Hearts”