Autosave question?

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
Muse

Autosave question?

#1 Post by Muse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am

I was wondering how the autosaves work?

Maybe it's just a weird bug I got, but the game said for a bit I had autosaves in chapter 4 (when I was in chapter 4). But when I clicked on them they took me back to chapter 2. I clicked around a bit trying to figure it out, and I eventually relaunched the game; and it gave them the appropriate names.

Any ideas on why this happened/ways to prevent it? It's a tad frustrating to lose 2 chapters of work, but I guess it's what I get for not saving manually.

Thanks! :D

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:23 am

They should automatically save for you before every puzzle. I have no idea what would make them do what you're describing, as I don't think I've had that reported before, but I'll pull out my standard first diagnostic question - What operating system are you using? :)

Windows put some weird stuff into Vista (and probably 7 as well) that can occasionally cause the computer to intentionally hide files from the user, or use old files even after the user deletes them.

Muse

#3 Post by Muse » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:10 pm

Ahhh sorry I should of included that information. Oops.

I am on a MacBook Pro, but I have bootcamp so I boot natively into windows. I am running windows 7.

It sounds like then it's just a weird 7 incompatible bug then, right? Darn you Windows 7 messing up my games! :roll:

Did you design the game to run in XP? I'd like to know so I can set up a virtual machine for it to run perfectly.

Thanks for the help and great game!

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:11 pm

The game was originally designed for XP, yes. I haven't heard of any other problems in 7 yet but I don't know how many people with 7 have tried it; if more reports come in I'll see if I can figure out what's going on and how to avoid it. :)