Help with the Slab Puzzle

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
mickey_owl

Help with the Slab Puzzle

#1 Post by mickey_owl » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:23 pm

ok i'm trying to open the slab, it looks like a sort of suduko puzzle but then I tried that and couldn''t get it to work, I take it things going red mean bad, I'm very confused on this one :)

Imi16

#2 Post by Imi16 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:26 pm

i did this one so it is possible! you have to have one of each in the columns, rows and boxes. use the existing ones as a start. i did it by trial and error but once you get one right the rest is easy
xXxImixXx

Jake

Re: Help with the Slab Puzzle

#3 Post by Jake » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:21 pm

mickey_owl wrote:ok i'm trying to open the slab, it looks like a sort of suduko puzzle but then I tried that and couldn''t get it to work
That's exactly how I solved it, though. I gave a number to each rune and copied the puzzle onto a bit of paper, 'cause I find it helps at Sudoku to write notes in the boxes...

phoenixgirl

#4 Post by phoenixgirl » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:40 am

Yup, it's pretty much like Sudoko, although ironically, I'm really bad at Sudoko. But for some reason, I was able to solve this puzzle pretty quickly so maybe I just need more patience. lol

Anyway, what I did was to look at the board and see where the already placed runes were. I had to be sure not to place the same rune diagonally, vertical, column-wise, or in the same area. It sounds hard but what I did was work on the first area and did all the areas on top. Then I tried the middle area but if I got really stuck, then I skipped it and went to another area.

Oh yes, and the red indicates that the rune is in the wrong position. :)
Please help and support me here.

mickey_owl

#5 Post by mickey_owl » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:08 pm

well I really cant see how it can be solved if you cant have any in the same colomn or diaganal, the figure of eight on it's side in the third space of the first row with the same figure in the 6th place on 4th row makes it impssobile to place that shape in the second row :oops: or am I missing something?

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Diagonals don't count - it says so in the hints. :)

no repetition in a row
no repetition in a colum
no repetition in any of the 3x2 'groups' that are marked off with faint blue lines

If you keep choosing 'display hint' then another rune will be filled in eventually, which may make it a little easier.

mickey_owl

#7 Post by mickey_owl » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:50 pm

ooh thank goodness for that was going crazy, hopefully will get it now lol! :D