The best positions for fight - Spoiler Alert

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
mickey_owl

The best positions for fight - Spoiler Alert

#1 Post by mickey_owl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Hmm has anyone been able to beat the cult? what ever position I put the crew in or whoever I target someone ends up dead and they seem to either miss completely or do minimum damage to the cult.

Jake

Re: The best positions for fight - Spoiler Alert

#2 Post by Jake » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:32 pm

mickey_owl wrote:Hmm has anyone been able to beat the cult? what ever position I put the crew in or whoever I target someone ends up dead and they seem to either miss completely or do minimum damage to the cult.
I could be more explicit, but again, it might take some of the fun of the puzzle away... and I could give you my line-up, but that's not the most important part of the puzzle anyway.

It's certainly one of those puzzles that you have to fail at a couple of times before you can work it out. After a couple of goes seeing broadly-similar-but-not-identical behaviour on the part of the cult, I started noting down who did what in which order (my own guys included), and it helped immeasurably. It's not just down to where you stick your guys, but that does help.

Also note the second little bar underneath each cult member, and how it seems to affect combat and be affected by combat.

Also also - I can't be certain about this, but it seemed to me that I was getting a better chance of a hit when attacking the cultist directly in front of the team member I was acting with at the time, and seemed to get a better hit/damage rate when setting guy-on-guy or girl-on-girl attacks than guy-on-girl or vice versa. But that could just have been chance, or my imagination, or my subsconscious desire to see 'hot girl on girl action'. ;-)

mickey_owl

#3 Post by mickey_owl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:51 pm

ooh thank you I got it now, and got past it lol :D