Getting the screwdriver out of the bottle

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
phoenixgirl

Getting the screwdriver out of the bottle

#1 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I've started a new game this time and have made different choices. Now I'm on chapter 4 and I'm at the part where Christina is trying to get the screwdriver out of the bottle. She needs to remove the bolt but I have no idea how to do so. There are options like tapping the bottle, rotating the screwdriver, and rotating the bottle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Update: Ok, I was able to get the screwdriver out but now I have a technical problem. When I continue playing the game, there's this large white rectangular box on the screen. (That's where the screwdriver and the bottle were before.) I'm not sure what's up with this. It's kind of distracting to see that box there and it doesn't go away. :?
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:46 pm

Reposting this, because someone looking for an answer might more easily find the screwdriver thread:

There is a bug in early versions of the game if you reload the autosave right before the screwdriver puzzle, it leaves a bottle or white box stuck on your screen later.

To make it go away, hit F10 to bring up the code window.

Type in

with (bottle_display) instance_destroy()

and that should clear the white box that's stuck there.

(Since it should only occur at that particular autosave point and sending you a patch would remove all progress in that chapter, for the moment I'm just telling people how to get rid of it if it happens rather than giving out a patch/update. The newest copies of the game should have this fixed.)

phoenixgirl

#3 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:23 am

Ok. Thanks. The bug is all fixed now. :)

Fatal_Heartz

How?

#4 Post by Fatal_Heartz » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:32 pm

But how do you get the rod out? Please tell me I feel I have tried everything. :roll:

phoenixgirl

#5 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:50 am

Ok, I'm taking an excerpt from the Fatal Hearts strategy guide. Hopefully, this helps:
To get the screwdriver out of the bottle, you have to twist the nut off of it. But you can't touch the nut. Therefore, you have to get something else to hold the nut while you twist.

Turn and tap the bottle in order to get the red ball wedged up against the nut. Then you can rotate the rod in order to remove it.
Thus, you should have the bottle positioned so that it's upside down.

Hope that helps. :)

Fatal_Heartz

#6 Post by Fatal_Heartz » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:42 pm

Thanks it did!

phoenixgirl

#7 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:28 am

No problem. :)

mistyrosemon86

#8 Post by mistyrosemon86 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:31 pm

spoiler i just turn the bottle with the neck facing down then get the ball to screw and thats it[/code]

Fatal_Heartz

#9 Post by Fatal_Heartz » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:38 am

Ty

lill_sweetty

#10 Post by lill_sweetty » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:39 am

I did it by simply tipping the bottle to make the ball fall in between the neck and the screwdriver, right around where the nut is, so the ball can stop the nut from moving. Then just spin the screwdriver to get the nut out and you're done.