Help Me! I can't Get Hopeful Future Ending...

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.

Which character you like the best?

Christina Robinson
26%
Lucy Torvill
11%
Tim Davies
41%
Randy Gardner
7%
Elizabeth Sumners
4%
Jeremy Bowman
4%
Bastian Weiss
7%

Total votes: 27

phoenixgirl

#16 Postby phoenixgirl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:35 pm

@Sai:

I'm not sure what to tell you, either. This is strange. I followed the same things you did (with the second post) and so you should have gotten the Hopeful Future ending. It looks like hanako will help you out. Sorry I couldn't help out more.
Please help and support me here.

hanako
Site Admin

#17 Postby hanako » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:39 pm

Here's something you can try:

As you play through the game, after you make a choice, hit F10, then type the following into the enter code box:

show_message(string(global.randylevel));

This will show how many 'points' of trust Randy has for you.

It starts the game at 0. You should see this going up after things like telling him your name, giving up the phone, and so on.

If it never goes up at all, something is REALLY weird with your computer or your copy of the game. If it goes up and then suddenly goes down, then if you can figure out *where* it's breaking we might be able to figure out what's going on.

And if it goes high and still doesn't let you get the ending, that's also weird, but at least we'll know what to look at next. So try to find out what your randylevel is by the point where it *should* turn towards Hopeful Future? :)

sayuri

#18 Postby sayuri » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:57 pm

I've been having this problem too, and I used the code to track my points. I found that after two the points wouldn't go up or down. I'm guessing this is a bug, is there any way I can fix it?

hanako
Site Admin

#19 Postby hanako » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Well, the problem is that this is a 'bug' of the incomprehensible/impossible nature.

That is, the script very specifically says "do this". It's quite hard to figure out how, exactly, some people's computers are able to process the script enough to display the text and yet are mysteriously failing to execute one of the commands that's blatantly written RIGHT THERE.

And why just this one thing on just this one ending, for only some people? And supposedly only some of the time? It makes no sense. It's like your computer is occasionally claiming 2+2 is 5.

If everyone who is having this bug bought their copies from the same place, and the bit about it only happening some of the time is a mistake, then it might be possible to track it down to a bad copy being distributed somewhere with mangled code in it.

Or if everyone with the problem is using the same kind of computers, maybe that kind of computer really does think 2+2 is 5 occasionally.

But it's not a problem in the script, so I'm currently at a loss to fix it.

All I can do is ask people who've had trouble to provide information on where they got the game from and what computers they're using.

sayuri

#20 Postby sayuri » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm

I hate bringing up an old topic but I just started playing the game again. Is there just some code I can input to change the relationship points? Looking at the blank spot without CG is killing me inside ;P. I don't really see any other solution besides using a different computer.

hanako
Site Admin

#21 Postby hanako » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:40 am

The problem is that the code to change the relationship level is already being input by the game script, and is apparently being ignored. Without knowing what the problem is I can't suggest a workaround. I really need to know where people are buying from and what sort of computers they're using in order to try and track this down.

sayuri

#22 Postby sayuri » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 am

All right, I'm using a HP Compaq with Windows Vista and I bought the game from here.

hanako
Site Admin

#23 Postby hanako » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:32 am

*glares suspiciously at Vista*

Hopefully other people with the problem will chip in as well so I can see if there's a common thread. In the meantime, check your PMs.

phoenixgirl

#24 Postby phoenixgirl » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:41 am

I apologize for bringing up an old topic as well but I did find something that might help pinpoint what's causing the bug.

When I played this the first time, I had Windows XP and so never encountered this problem. It seems to happen with comps that have Vista and Windows 7, since the two seem pretty similar. Anyway, I noticed that if I saved my game file and had accumulated points, then exited the game and later came back to it, my points would go back down to zero. The only way to get this ending for me was when I played the game straight out without exiting it.

Not sure if this will help anyone else but thought it wouldn't hurt to post something. :)
Please help and support me here.

Return to “Fatal Hearts”