Help Me! I can't Get Hopeful Future Ending...

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.

Which character you like the best?

Christina Robinson
26%
Lucy Torvill
11%
Tim Davies
41%
Randy Gardner
7%
Elizabeth Sumners
4%
Jeremy Bowman
4%
Bastian Weiss
7%

Total votes: 27

Sai Akira

Help Me! I can't Get Hopeful Future Ending...

#1 Post by Sai Akira » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:47 pm

I know there's quite a number topic about Hopeful Future and I read them all but still... I can't convince Randy to help me.

Okay. So here is it my decision / choices.

I walk home. And said I wanna be a teacher and then I choose intelligence.
Then I choose to talk about the mysterious book. At the mall, I let Lucy buy me the necklace and watch Sorority Slasher 2 with her. Then I told Tim and Randy that my name is Christina.
I choose to go to the library instead of Lucy's house and there, I talked about the murder thingy with Elizabeth.

And when Lucy told me about ??? (Sebastian), I said 'What? You're engaged?" and "So? What happened?"
I choose to protect Lucy. And of course, I don't slept over at her house. I also admit that I went out to Mom.

And then I choose 'whimper' and go back home and gave Tim the phone. Then I promised Randy I won't tell anyone about his secret and ask him more about the Second Sight.

What else? Oh yeah I also choose to met Katie and agreed that I had the second sight. Then I told Lucy I would believe her and said that I will let her stay in my house then we go talk with Randy.

And as always, he said he will kill me if I go near his sister. That's all I can remember.

Whoah!!! This time I really wrote a lot O.o

Sai Akira

#2 Post by Sai Akira » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:16 am

Okay okay.... I made a bit exchange. I choose to rather go to search for Lucy instead of going to the Library. But still, it won't work.

I tried again. I choose to walk home and choose to be a banker and look forward romance.

I ask Lucy about the book and went to the library and try to find out more about the book.
Let's see how it's going.

Other than that, well, it's all the same thing.

Sai Akira

#3 Post by Sai Akira » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 am

... This sure drives me crazy!
It don't works and I don't know what's my mistake really is.

Well... Okay then. I'll wait for someone to pop in and tell me my mistake or the way to get it.
It would be great if you can also tell me all the choices ; )

But since it took so much words and times to write, nevermind.
Just if you are free. I guess that's it.

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:40 am

I really don't know why some people have so much trouble with this, while others follow the set instructions and have no problem... Sometimes it's because people are loading old savegames and thus they've made choices that they don't remember making. Sometimes I have no idea what's going wrong!

If you've

- told Randy your name at the beginning
- kept Lucy from going to the party
- given the phone to Tim
- promised to keep Randy's secret
- agreed to meet his sister without being nervous about it
- agreed that you have the Sight
- told randy "It's about Katie" when you to go convince him

... you should have MORE than enough points to get him to agree with you!

Sai Akira

#5 Post by Sai Akira » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:58 am

Well, I did all of the following and I had restarted the game few times.

Perhaps it had something to do with the ambition and what I want from a man?

Nevermind then. I'll try to restart the game again. : D

Sai Akira

#6 Post by Sai Akira » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:41 pm

It still won't work for me. :?

I guess there's something I'm missing. Oh yeah how do I kept Lucy from going to the party? I mean is there's an option for it?

I downloaded the walkthrough also and still failed. I guess maybe all the beginning option are counted as well coz' the walkthrough said to avoid from choosing looks from a man.

This is really confusing.

hanako
Site Admin

#7 Post by hanako » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 pm

There isn't a direct option to keep Lucy from going to the party - it happens if your relationship with Lucy is high enough early on.

If you care about love rather than looks, and let Lucy buy you presents and go to the slasher film with you, then your relationship with Lucy should be high and she won't go to the party. She only goes to the party if she's irritated with Christina.

Then, in chapter 2 when the wolf pack first interrogates you about smelling of death, Christina talks to Randy instead of Tim. Give up the phone then, not in the next chapter, and it should be worth points.

Sai Akira

#8 Post by Sai Akira » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:06 pm

Let's see what I miss:

Chapter One
- Call for a ride
- Teacher
- Romance
- Ask about the strange book
- Say yes
- Sorority Slasher 2
- Christina
- Go to the library
- Look for information on murder
- Run away

Chapter Two
- Wait. You're engaged?
- So what happened?
- Protect Lucy
- Show them the phone
- Admit you went out
- Set an alarm
- Stay home

Chapter Three
- Whimper
- I want to go home
- Call Lucy
- I promise
- Second sight?
- I’d like to meet her

Chapter 4
- Agree
- Of course I would believe you
- Not dead
- A vampire
- Disagree with Lucy
- You can stay with me
- It’s about Katie

Ending: Runaways

---

Sorry Hanako. I believe I'm the hardest one to get Hopeful Future Ending here when others just get to second post and voila! :(

Sai Akira

#9 Post by Sai Akira » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:42 am

I hope there will be chance for me to complete the gallery =3 and to enjoy all the endings! =D

Thanks, Hanako for helping me, though. I'm sure you must be very busy. I hope more people will pop in and tell me what's my mistake is!

Can't wait for the ending! x D

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Post by hanako » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:07 pm

I don't know what to suggest - I just downloaded a fresh copy of the game and went through and made every choice on the list you posted there, since they should be correct - and sure enough, it goes straight through that point towards Hopeful Future. It does NOT stop and split off to Runaways.

So I'm quite puzzled! You're not making any mistakes... it just seems like something's gone wrong with your copy of the game. (And since I'm on vacation and therefore not at my computer, there's not much I can do about that at the moment.)

Sai Akira

#11 Post by Sai Akira » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Yeah maybe... I don't had any idea what else should I do :(
Thanks. :3
I guess I'll wait till' your vacation ends, then ; )

KDlala

#12 Post by KDlala » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 pm

I've had it happen too, I really can't tell what it was, maybe some quirk caused by my computer or something? I got Hopeful Future one time, went back another with a fresh game and made the exact same choices and it didn't work.

Maybe it's Jeremy screwing around with us all. I'm onto you, you pink haired psychopath!

phoenixgirl

#13 Post by phoenixgirl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone is still having trouble getting the Hopeful Future ending. I tried to a little while ago and I got it. I looked at what Sai posted regarding the choices made and I made most of those same choices. The only one that might have made a difference is after Randy mentions to Christina about her having the second sight, Christina either chooses Second Sight? or I understand. I chose "I understand" so I'm not sure if that affects the ending somehow.
Please help and support me here.

Sai Akira

#14 Post by Sai Akira » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:51 pm

phoenixgirl wrote:Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone is still having trouble getting the Hopeful Future ending. I tried to a little while ago and I got it. I looked at what Sai posted regarding the choices made and I made most of those same choices. The only one that might have made a difference is after Randy mentions to Christina about her having the second sight, Christina either chooses Second Sight? or I understand. I chose "I understand" so I'm not sure if that affects the ending somehow.
Which did you follow? My first or second post? : I
I tried it again, my second post about my choices, and I just changed it to "I understand", I followed the other choices, but still, I don't get it.

: ( Is there any other way I could get Hopeful Future ending?

hanako
Site Admin

#15 Post by hanako » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:50 pm

I'll be back in the country on my normal work computer in a couple of weeks, and at that point I may be able to give you some debugging commands and/or cheat codes. From here, I don't have the source code, so all I can do is give you the actual gameplay directions...

I can come up with off-the-wall theories, like that if you're playing on a computer whose OS is set to a language other than English there's a slim chance that the instruction file is being misread, but really, that should have a lot of OTHER effects.