Stuck on code -spolier alert

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
mickey_owl

Stuck on code -spolier alert

#1 Post by mickey_owl » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:19 pm

ok i've translated all the words from german, except a few I can't find, but I can't see any connection between them, could I please get a hint?:)Also im not sure how long the code should be:)

Jake

Re: Stuck on code -spolier alert

#2 Post by Jake » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:19 pm

mickey_owl wrote:ok i've translated all the words from german, except a few I can't find, but I can't see any connection between them, could I please get a hint?:)Also im not sure how long the code should be:)
Which code are we talking about here? I can think of one thing you might be talking about which would fit all the things you mention, but I think offhand the different parts I'm thinking of come from different story branches...

mickey_owl

#3 Post by mickey_owl » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:28 pm

this come when you are in the kitchen and are trying to open the secret room with an electronic key pad:)

Jake

#4 Post by Jake » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:50 pm

mickey_owl wrote:this come when you are in the kitchen and are trying to open the secret room with an electronic key pad:)
Well, I could tell you what it is, but that wouldn't be the same...

Suffice to say that you've been shown the code quite recently, although it wasn't the point of the thing you were looking at at the time; it was concealed within another thing. You saw it in English; you need to find the runes that mean the same as those English words.

Bear in mind that translating from German, depending on how you do it, may get you synonyms of those words rather than the actual words themselves. If you look around online, then different runic-alphabet listings will have slightly different names associated with each rune. The one found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runic_alphabet

does have the exact words found in the clue associated with the right runes (under Elder Futhark/Names), so that's a safe reference to use.

mickey_owl

#5 Post by mickey_owl » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:12 pm

thank you got it now:D

kirstie

#6 Post by kirstie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:59 pm

i really can't figure this one out, could someone give me a hint or something? i thought i had it, but then the code was wrong..
:?:

Jake

#7 Post by Jake » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:36 pm

kirstie wrote:i really can't figure this one out, could someone give me a hint or something? i thought i had it, but then the code was wrong..
:?:
What did you think it was?

I'm not sure how more of a hint could be given without just saying what it is...

kirstie

#8 Post by kirstie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:54 pm

oh it's okay thanks. i figured it out now, i mixed one of the runes up

Naiomi666

ok

#9 Post by Naiomi666 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:07 am

I've got nothing. Can you tell me what word i would translate into German? I'm not in the mood to investigate right now. For this puzzle only.

phoenixgirl

#10 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Hmm, I'm stuck on this as well. I know it's the cult's secret phrase but I have no idea what it is. :?
Please help and support me here.

mickey_owl

#11 Post by mickey_owl » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:23 pm

go back to where you read the letter and you should see it :D it's three word code

phoenixgirl

#12 Post by phoenixgirl » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:39 pm

Hmm, that's the problem, though. I posted this in another thread but after solving the screwdriver puzzle, there's this giant white rectangular box in the middle of the screen so it blocks out a chunk of the letter (probably where the code is supposed to be). Maybe a screenshot would help?

hanako
Site Admin

#13 Post by hanako » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:43 pm

There is a bug in early versions of the game if you reload the autosave right before the screwdriver puzzle, it leaves a bottle or white box stuck on your screen later.

To make it go away, hit F10 to bring up the code window.

Type in

with (bottle_display) instance_destroy()

and that should clear the white box that's stuck there.

(Since it should only occur at that particular autosave point and sending you a patch would remove all progress in that chapter, for the moment I'm just telling people how to get rid of it if it happens rather than giving out a patch/update. The newest copies of the game should have this fixed.)

phoenixgirl

#14 Post by phoenixgirl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:14 am

@mickey:

Hmm, is the answer in the letter itself or in the room where Christina reads the letter? If it's the first, I can't see anything in the letter which would indicate the answer. (And I have the alphabet correct, btw.) :?

Jake

#15 Post by Jake » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:33 am

phoenixgirl wrote:Hmm, is the answer in the letter itself or in the room where Christina reads the letter?
Apologies for butting in, but - the letter itself. If I recall the point in question correctly you may want to right-click to view the whole thing with no text box in the way to help you on that one.