Hopeful Future Help In Fatal Hearts, Please

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
Ariashae

Hopeful Future Help In Fatal Hearts, Please

#1 Postby Ariashae » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

I downloaded the guide from this site because I couldn't figure out how to get the Hopeful Future ending, but even when I do everything it says to do, Randy still says "get out" when I say It's about Katie. I don't say anything mean about or to his sister, I don't crush her hopes and dreams, I promise to keep Randy's secret,and I protect Lucy (because I know I'm supposed to keep high relationships with both Lucy and Randy to get the ending). I have no problem with getting Lucy to trust me, but Randy is just making me mad! URGGHHH!!! Are there any little choices that are keeping me from getting this ending?

Ariashae

#2 Postby Ariashae » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:29 pm

I looked on another forum to see if there was an answer to my question, and someone said there was a way to get a bonus point with Randy. How do I get it? I think that will help me.

[merging posts from secret forum]

I'm trying to get to the point where I can give him the cellphone so I can get the bonus point for him, but no matter what I do, Tim is the only choice I get to give the cellphone to. :cry:
does it have something to do with the answers I give at the beginning of the game (what I want to be, what I want in a relationship, etc.)?

hanako
Site Admin

#3 Postby hanako » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Whether you talk to Tim or Randy in chapter 2 has to do with whether or not Lucy went to the party at Randy's house. If she went to the party, then Tim and the gang already know her. If she didn't go to the party, then Tim interrogates Lucy and Randy talks to Christina.

So in order to get to talk to Randy and make a good impression on him by handing over the phone, you need to make sure that Lucy doesn't go to the party back at the beginning of the game. And that depends on how Lucy feels about Christina.

Which, yes, means all those questions about what you want for your future, and what movie you want to see, and so on.

Is this enough of a hint or should I say more? :)

(I don't know why this ending gets stuck for some people... I'm looking directly at the source code and it says >= 4 Randy points to get past that, so I'm not sure why doing the four things wouldn't be enough!)
Last edited by hanako on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ariashae

#4 Postby Ariashae » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Okay, so I let Lucy buy me the necklace and I chose to watch the slasher movie with her, so she doesn't go to the party. And then in chapter 2 I protect Lucy, Tim talks to her, I DO talk to Randy for a while, and then it says "Suddenly Tim turns away from Lucy and walks over to me. Tim: Seems that YOU are the one with your hand in these murders," blah blah blah. And then Lucy's all like "I didn't say that..." and they argue and then Tim says we should start over and it says I can either give the phone to Tim or keep quiet. One time I didn't give the phone to him to see if I could give it to Randy later, but Christina ended up just throwing it on the sidewalk or something.
Is the choice for the bonus point WAY in the beginning? Do I need to choose a certain answer for what I want in a relationship and career? I thought that the only time those questions really made an impact was in one of the Jeremy endings where he'll either teach you magic or end up murdering you behind the bowling alley... I'm pretty sure I just missed a decision that didn't seem that big a deal to me or something...
and WOW I just typed alot!

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Postby hanako » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:32 pm

(checks dialog)

Yes, you're right, you're technically handing it to Tim. But it still counts as giving a bonus point to Randy, because it was Randy you were talking to and getting to know, and when he sees you hand over the phone, it improves his opinion of you.

You can also get a bonus point with Randy if you tell him your correct name when he first asks in the mall at the beginning, instead of lying or refusing. It makes him think of you as an honest person.

Ariashae

#6 Postby Ariashae » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:40 pm

Oooohhh.... Okay, I feel really stupid now :oops:
I'm gonna start over and try again.
Thanks!
:D

Ariashae

#7 Postby Ariashae » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:47 pm

YES!!!! I finally made it!
Thank you so much!
:D

Sai Akira

#8 Postby Sai Akira » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:48 am

I'm jealous... I don't make it!
I'm sure there's something about ambition and the thing I want in man, too.
And the choices when Lucy told me about Sebastian.
I used to choose "What? You are engaged?" and "So? What happened?

I wonder if it is about checking for Lucy if she's alright or going to the library too.

And about the mystery call and all that stuff...

I'm really mad, to Randy!

alyssa_robinson

I cant go on...

#9 Postby alyssa_robinson » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:22 pm

HELP!
I let Lucy buy the necklace,she didnt go to the party.I protect her,hand over the phone,kept his secret,didnt deny i had the sight and everything thats supposed to lead me to the ending!But i ended up running away AGAIN.
By the way,in the mansion,some choices are missing:when lucy ask you to forgive her:I could never hate you is missing and when Sebastian/Bastian asks me if theres anything,well he doesnt ask me anymore...
Help me?

hanako
Site Admin

#10 Postby hanako » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:09 pm

We're suspecting there's a problem on certain operating systems with the variables getting lost if you save the game and restart in the middle. It only affects some people, which is why it's very hard to track down. However, if Hopeful Future keeps not appearing, try playing the game straight through from the beginning (use skip to speed it up!) without saving/loading and see if that helps.

As for other options not showing up, again, those are unlocked by variables and only appear on some routes. They aren't *supposed* to show up unless (in the first case) you've got a high score of Lucy points, or (in the second case, if i understand which point you're looking at) you interacted with the wolves first.

alyssa_robinson

Help needed

#11 Postby alyssa_robinson » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:22 am

Actually,i had uninstalled the game(but i did have the new order & fresh start ending) btw i got the hopefull future lol,and when i installed again i did everything i did when i got it last time.still i couldnt pick to have the New Order ending(which is dissapointing O.o)and idk i got 8 endings.Too bad i wouldnt have Fresh Start.

Return to “Fatal Hearts”