Fatal Hearts for Mac?

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
Kelisaurusrex

Fatal Hearts for Mac?

#1 Post by Kelisaurusrex » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:24 am

I played Fatal Hearts a couple months ago and LOVED it.
Recently my Windows broke so I got a new Mac, and I thought of the game one day and was going to buy it again, and was really sad when I remembered that I didn't have a windows anymore.
Is there any chance a Mac version will be made?

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:06 am

It's not impossible, but it's not currently planned, and if it did happen it wouldn't be any time soon.

The engine that the game was written in doesn't currently support Macs, so we'd basically have to rewrite the game from scratch. Which would be easy enough to do if we threw out all the puzzles and just put up the story, but the puzzles make it complicated. It could take a long time to make it all work - the Mac version of Cute Knight took ages and then was still buggy when it launched, although I think it works now. That time is really better spent on making new games.

On the bright side, both Summer Session and Heileen have Mac versions. (I also know of some RPGs in the works that should have Mac versions when they're done...)

Also, there is a possibility that the engine Fatal Hearts was written in will eventually support Mac, and if it does, then a Mac version will be put up.