I got a question!!!

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.

Has this happened to you?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes: 8

Miki

I got a question!!!

#1 Post by Miki » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:08 am

Hey, I havent bought the full version and I was going to but now im not so sure if i want to because EVERY time i play the demo (because i just thought it was my computer) When Christina goes outside after her mother tells her to take a walk after she says that she's just going to walk around my screen doesn't show anything else and then the wolf howl goes by followed by police sirens and the dialouge doesn't change or anything then a puzzle comes up and i cant see what I'm doing! Is this strange or is there just a limit to what you can do with the demo version? I really hope someone can answer my question because this seems like areally awsome game! :D

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:20 am

That'st NOT supposed to happen, something funny is going on.

Can you tell me what operating system and what graphics card the computers you've been using have?

What you're describing sounds very strange. If the game froze up completely, I'd have an idea of what was wrong. But if the game story keeps going and plays the different sound effects and everything but isn't showing new dialogue on-screen, that's really weird! The only thing I can think of is that maybe the computers you're testing on have bad graphics cards, and at that point in the game, the graphics cards overload so that they stop showing new images?

Since you can't save in the demo version but have to play straight through, if your graphics card can only handle so much it might always be getting filled up and breaking at the same point.

One suggestion would be to try playing the Big Fish Games or Reflexive Arcade version of the game instead. I believe their 'trial' versions will allow you to save your game. That way, you could save before it got to that area, and if it broke, you could quit the game completely (to clear out your graphics card) then run the game again and load from save to see if that worked better.

I hope this helps! If it doesn't, let me know and I'll see if I can think of another solution! (Anyone else got any ideas?)

Miki

#3 Post by Miki » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:52 pm

Hmm...maybe, im not exactly sure what my graphics card is but i know that its not bad cause i have played alot of games. I'll take your advice and try playing the trial version on those websites...but i think that its really weird....I dont know. I'll let you know what happens and thanks for the info ^-^ I hope it works!

Miki

#4 Post by Miki » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:31 pm

*sigh* I tried downloading the game from the reflexive arcade but the same thing happened! Argh! Im just so frustrated...=\ hmmm...*sigh* I dont know what I CAN do anymore...It did the same thing...hmm...*shrug* I dont really know anything else I can try.

hanako
Site Admin

#5 Post by hanako » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Did the reflexive version let you save your game? Did you try quitting and then loading a saved game from right before it breaks and see if it still breaks?

I can't really suggest anything else without knowing what operation system and graphics card you have, I'm afraid... or actually seeing your computer, but that's a bit hard. :)

Miki

#6 Post by Miki » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:34 am

No i didn't...o_o oh well...i'll try it again some other time...=\ thanks for your help though =D

metv12

#7 Post by metv12 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:08 am

I'm having this same problem when i played this game but in mine i can save my games i also kept played after this and the car chase game got messed up