Help with installing!

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
Rem

Help with installing!

#1 Post by Rem » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:45 pm

When I run the setup and reach the screen where I have to click the "Get Offer" button, it just directs me to the Local/Temp folder. There are four files: 3 images and an application called irsetup. When I run it, an error message pops up and says, "Invalid start mode: archive filename". So there is no website where I can take the survey and continue installation. Kinda stuck here.

I have a Vista, so maybe that's the problem? :? Help!

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:53 pm

What 'Get Offer' button?

Where did you download the game from? If you get it from me, the installer doesn't have any surveys or offers, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Rem

#3 Post by Rem » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 pm

It was a gift for my birthday, so I'm not really sure...maybe it's completely the wrong thing or something. I don't think I'm gonna install it, might be a virus. :(

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:05 pm

If it's legit and not from me, it's probably from either Big Fish Games or from Reflexive.

Does the installer have a green fish on it? If it does, you can talk to Big Fish's support people and they'll help work out whatever's gone funny with your installer. Big Fish does have a "buy this game as a gift" program so someone could have used that to get it for you...

(Otherwise, I guess you could ask the person who got it?)

Rem

#5 Post by Rem » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Thank you, I think I will ask them. :)