A Question about Elizabeth (SPOILERS)

Hints, favorite characters, and general discussion of the adventure game Fatal Hearts.
miinorawr

A Question about Elizabeth (SPOILERS)

#1 Post by miinorawr » Mon May 12, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi there,

I've completed Fatal Hearts (all 14 endings), and I really enjoyed it. :D

Something occurred to me after I'd reached all of the endings though - why is it that in the plotlines that do not involve Christina (and Elizabeth) being part of the wolf gang, that Elizabeth is murdered?

When Christina talks to Elizabeth, she explains that she met Marta at the party that Randy and Tim held, and that Marta came to help her on her 'date'. So, surely she would have helped her anyway, regardless of Christina because Christina didn't stop her meeting Marta?

Just a random thought. What does everyone think/ does anyone know the answer?

hanako
Site Admin

#2 Post by hanako » Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 pm

I do, but would it be cheating for me to tell? :)

Yes, there is an explanation!

miinorawr

#3 Post by miinorawr » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 pm

@hanako

I suppose it could be considered 'cheating' :p
Would you be willing to tell me anyway? :D

hanako
Site Admin

#4 Post by hanako » Mon May 12, 2008 6:42 pm

If the alternate Elizabeth branch hadn't been cut, there would have been more of a hint of this... (spoilers describing events that got cut from the game but may return if there is ever a retail version)

Plans were, if you met Elizabeth at the library, then at the end of chapter 2 you would receive a phone call from her, hysterical, explaining that she'd been attacked on a date and run away. You could then go to meet her right away instead of being picked up by Randy, and this would have been the Elizabeth plotline. However, if you chose to ignore the phone call and went to Lucy's house, then later when you got the newspaper you would find out about Elizabeth's death... even though she'd clearly escaped her attackers to phone you, which would be somewhat mysterious...

So, that doesn't answer your question, but it should give you a hint, at least. :)

CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl

#5 Post by CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl » Sat May 31, 2008 5:41 am

You know, I was wondering the same thing. I didn't understand your explaination at first, but then I began to wonder...

Did the Wolfriemen prepare a fake corpse or something?

hanako
Site Admin

#6 Post by hanako » Sat May 31, 2008 12:31 pm

Nope. :) Interesting idea though.

It goes back to the first question - if she dies on some paths and not on others, it should be what Christina does that changes the outcome, right? What would have happened if Christina hadn't met the wolfriemen that night?

CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl

#7 Post by CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:06 pm

I suppose the idea of a fake corpse is a bit farfetched. Based on what I've read in Fullmetal Alchemist, you need quite a few ingredients and quite a bit of time to prepare a fake body that could fool the police. And even then, you'd have to burn it, to make it truly effective, since someone who is burned to death, can only be identified by their dental records. And none of the other victims were burned to death.

If Christina hadn't met the Wolfriemen that night (I'm assuming you mean the night of Elizabeth's attack), she'd be at Lucy's house. If Randy always follows Christina after the soccer game, he'd naturally follow her to Lucy's, and so, he wouldn't know about Elizabeth's attack. But then, if he were watching Christina the entire time, he wouldn't know anyway. I'm just a bit confused as to how Christina going to Lucy's house results in Elizabeth dying, since it's the Wolfriemen who save her, and in the current game, it's Randy who informs you about it, not her (In other words, Elizabeth doesn't call you for help).

hanako
Site Admin

#8 Post by hanako » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:30 pm

Because Elizabeth *always* escapes from Jeremy on her date. That's not when she dies. She dies afterwards! (That's what the phone call would have pointed out - since if you get the phone call first, you would know that she could not have been killed on her date.)

If Christina were at Lucy's house, then when Elizabeth escaped from Jeremy and the wolfriemen gathered, Christina would not have been there. So what would the gang have done differently if Christina had not been present?

CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl

#9 Post by CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:45 am

hanako wrote:Because Elizabeth *always* escapes from Jeremy on her date. That's not when she dies. She dies afterwards! (That's what the phone call would have pointed out - since if you get the phone call first, you would know that she could not have been killed on her date.)

If Christina were at Lucy's house, then when Elizabeth escaped from Jeremy and the wolfriemen gathered, Christina would not have been there. So what would the gang have done differently if Christina had not been present?
If Christina weren't there... They wouldn't have confirmed that she knew Elizabeth. Meaning, they might have gotten the idea that Elizabeth was a spy? No... Without any idea of how the enemy operates, they might have simply let Elizabeth go home with no protection. Hence, leaving her defenseless in case the cult was determined to leave no living witnesses.